There are newer employer reviews for University of Wyoming

Great student job source to earn some easy income

Former Employee - Night Host in Laramie, WY
Former Employee - Night Host in Laramie, WY

I worked at University of Wyoming part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really easy simple jobs. Can often study/do homework while at job post.

Cons

Have to makeup being interested in "becoming a leader" if you say you're interested in the benefits they automatically black list you.
Some bureaucratic rules like if need repairman, can't directly call repairman instead have to call repair man's dispatcher but if that person out then stuff stays out of service until next day.

Summer Resident Assistants are helpful since they're always around, but during fall/spring semesters the people hired for RA jobs seem to be hard to find.

52 Other Employee Reviews for University of Wyoming (View Most Recent)

My experience has provided and given me an opportunity to learn and grow as person and as a top notch employee.

Current Employee - Office Support Specialist in Cheyenne, WY
    Current Employee - Office Support Specialist in Cheyenne, WY

I have been working at University of Wyoming full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Learned how to multitask, learned how to set priorities, learned how to create systems for myself and learned how to meet deadlines and keep up with a steady work flow.

Cons

Working for a leadership who came in and ripped us apart and changed our departments way of work.

Always build honesty within each other and appreciate each other's work. We all need each other.

The only four-year university in the state, UW is by definition all things to all people.

I have been working at University of Wyoming full-time

Pros

UW has a beautiful campus in a great town, surrounded by fabulous mountains. If you like the out of doors, you will find many opportunities here.

Cons

Winters are harsh (though 300 days of sun/year); it often snows on graduation in May.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Wyoming