University of the District of Columbia

www.udc.edu
  www.udc.edu
There are newer employer reviews for University of the District of Columbia

Administration has no context for what a 21st century education and university administartion structure looks like.

Current Employee - Administration  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Administration in Washington, DC

I have been working at University of the District of Columbia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Commute, location, Parking, Public Safety staff, Library

Cons

A culture of fear! Arrogant leadership, poor standards and work ethic from HR and Finance department employees. Little focus on customer service for students. Leadership lack practcal knowledge of technology, internet, social media, marketing or supplying up to date technology for their students and employees. The Faculty Union is broken, split and not helpful. The City council uses UDC a tool for their own political gain. The students lose out amongst careerist who lack innovation and a true understanding of needs for their students.

UDC needs a young president with no ties to DC city council, DC industry and local politics. Inspire your eomployees and show all employees apreciation not just the faculty.

9 Other Employee Reviews for University of the District of Columbia (View Most Recent)

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at University of the District of Columbia

Pros

commute, people, education, location, and pay

Cons

administration, advacement, marketing, department heads, and management

be more organized

The Students are Hungry for and Education

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Washington, DC

I have been working at University of the District of Columbia part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The experience is invaluable. As a new adjunct professor the opportunity to gain university experience is worth everything. I really connect with the students at UDC. They are very non-traditional where most are first generation scholars. I am unaware of the office culture. UDC does offer seminars and different trainings that are beneficial for personal growth and development.

Cons

Professionalism. The general I believe there is a lack of professionalism and a lack of understand and implementing policy. I have no answers to why this is so. However, I have noticed this in most University settings. I am sure it stems from my coming out of a very professional white collar environment. It may be par for the course. Schedules are very flexible for professors and compensation could be better.

Really? Too many cooks stirring the pot!

There are newer employer reviews for University of the District of Columbia

Worked for University of the District of Columbia? Contribute to the Community!