University of the Rockies
www.rockies.edu San Diego, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to work, but...

Admissions Counselor (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

ProsLow pressure, but find that you're on your own. I have experience and know what I'm doing, so it's nice to have a lot of freedom with minimum hassles.

ConsThe university is owned by Bridgepoint Education, which is a very aggressive company. When they meddle with university affairs, it's bad news. Now that the sister school - Ashford University - is no longer the problem child with accreditation issues, it seems we're getting more focus from big brother.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your people!

Good for Robots

Course Instructor (Former Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at University of the Rockies part-time for more than a year

Pros: You can work from home in your own time. Cons: You end up working WAY more than a 40 hour week because there are so many students in the class. They have a course mentor… Advice to Senior Management: Give autonomy to course instructors. Don't have mentors oversee everything instructors do in a way that is designed… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

They over promise, underpay, and under deliver.

Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

I have been working at University of the Rockies

Pros: They give you a nice cube and chair to make tons and tons of calls to shitty leads for students that have no interest in… Cons: The management only cares about themselves and the enrollments that you bring in. They micro-manage you beyond belief! They tell you in your… Advice to Senior Management: Focus more on paying your employee's a fair wage and teach the managers to be leaders versus yes people. and stop wasting your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on University of the Rockies.

Worked for University of the Rockies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of the Rockies reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by University of the Rockies employees.