Great place to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Univision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had a great boss in Sales. He was like a mentor. He kept pushing me to do more and try more. i really enjoyed my time there.

Cons

Not all employers were like mine. Senior Management needs to recognize there workers as valuable.

Advice to Management

GIve raises to those who have done a great job and remain loyal to you.

Other Employee Reviews for Univision

1. Great Place to work!

I worked at Univision full-time

Pros

Great working environment. Staff is extremely friendly. There is a sense of cohesion among all departments. Everyone is willing to help and support each other. High-level of ambition among all employees. Communication among departments is excellent.

Cons

With ambition comes long working hours. Sometimes staff gets pulled to work in multiple departments which can effect completion of work in department actually worked in.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Vice President

Former Employee - Vice President
    Former Employee - Vice President

I worked at Univision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Iconic brand to all US Hispanics. - Great news properties. - Good partnerships with entities like Bill and Melinda Gates foundation that have helped company promote education among US Hispanics. - Diversified suite of offerings: 2 broadcast networks, 9 cable networks, radio network, local TV/radio in 15+ markets, interactive apps and desktop options. - Good compensation. - Decent benefits.

Cons

- Making a profit is the most important thing to the C-suite and board; hence the re-orgs never seize. - Most of the decision makers are not Hispanic, they do not speak Spanish and are very removed from what it means to be bilingual and bi-cultural. While they know what it means from a text book perspective, they lack the practical experience that goes with it. - Unclear how they promote diversity advancement in the sales/corporate side. As I said above, most of the executive talent is not of Hispanic origin. (note: exceptions are Miami-talent and local stations) - Management is investing heavily in revamping image that doesn't need to be revamped with new logos for some of the networks. Ironic that we have never seen other iconic brands do this. Think of when was the last time McDonald's redid the golden arches, or when did Nike redo the swoosh or Coca Cola their logos? Never. - Hypocritical views regarding who they really target. Their core viewer is very Spanish dominant, immigrant/1st generation adults, but now they say they are targeting English-speaking Hispanics.

Advice to Management

Focus on the people they are your biggest asset.