There are newer employer reviews for Univita

Univita is highly organized, and supportive.

Current Contractor - RB Consultant in Salem, OR
Current Contractor - RB Consultant in Salem, OR

I have been working at Univita as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Status to be a nurse consultant for large insurance companies offering long-term care insurance policies.

Cons

Intolerant of human error, especially when RN self-reports.

Be more tolerant. Compensation per visit should be increased. When preparation and travel time is considered, rate per visit is inadequate for a professional, experienced nurse. Also, consideration need to be made when client and/or caregiver is slow and a poor historian.

reviews filtered by
  1. LTC Claim Specialist

Former Employee - Claim Specialist in Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Claim Specialist in Carmel, IN

I worked at Univita full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Software programs for processing claims are good, office environment good.

Cons

There are no opportunities for advancement unless you are in the "click". Training reps to provide the most updated information to customers is not a priority for this company. The company is not employee friendly, the basic shift is on-call, varied shift made it impossible for employees to have healthy private lives.

Management could benefit by practicing what they speak, really keep employee information confidential. Management could also receive big dividends by ensuring each employee feels valued.

2. Terrible Work Culture!

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Telephonic Interviewer in Woodbury, MN

I worked at Univita part-time (less than a year)

Pros

No commute. That is all I can come up with.

Cons

This is a nursing job where you can work from home, but you certainly don't pick your own hours. Nor can you make any change to your set hours. EVER. They do not offer their employees flexibility as you would expect from a work from home job (ie - if you "punch in" 3 minutes late, expect to hear about it). They do expect you to be flexible though - you will be expected to work 60-90 minutes late some nights, or to log out 2 hours early without pay other nights (and yet still be expected to be by the computer). Extremely micromanaged by supervisors who have no health care experience and who are only available if they have something negative to tell you. I have never quit a job due to poor management before - I have always been able to make the best in any situation. This one, however, made me sick every shift and I couldn't continue.

I would like to suggest that you reconsider who you are hiring to supervise your nurses. The couple supervisors that I dealt with had very poor social and leadership skills. They were not reachable by phone or by email. One supervisor in particular sent out daily emails about how busy she was, and we should not attempt to contact her. However, this supervisor was able to send out daily emails about all of our mistakes and how our last bathroom break was 90 seconds too long. The supervisors are not offering encouragement or appreciation for all interviews that were well done. Also, the supervisors each have their own opinion about how things should be done. I received so much conflicting information from all the different leaders and then would "get in trouble" from one supervisor for doing something the exact way I was told to do it by another supervisior. Univita lost a good nurse who was kind, accurate and efficient in her interviews because the supervisors drove her out. Just terrible.

There are newer employer reviews for Univita