Univita

www.univitahealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for Univita

Poor. Training is hap hazard and very fast. Then one day you are expected to know everything and perform flawlessly.

Former Employee - Clinical Specialist I in Woodbury, MN
Former Employee - Clinical Specialist I in Woodbury, MN

I worked at Univita full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits and they start on Day One.
Nice work Environment

Cons

Poor Training, Manager is hard to get to talk to. I emailed questions and a desire to meet with her and Never got a response. If you make a Make a mistake you are written up. Manager makes many threats to write people up. I really liked my job there and made many attempts to tell my manager but the repeated threat of Write ups and lack of Training and the difficulty getting to see my Manager just contributed to Morale Problems and It is to bad. I sat the first two complete days with a pile of manuals on my desk with no one guiding me as to what I needed to know. I was disappointed on the first few days. My Manager appeared so overwhelmed about her own job that she had no time for her staff. There is a quota system and they tell you not to worry about the quota but they are so behind the ball when it comes to getting work done on a timely basis. That every few days you here, " We have 5500 requests for service and then the pressure starts to get caught up. Univita needs structure and better Training and Communication,.

Improve on Training your staff. Training at Univita is Poor. Threats are to often and not taken seriously. Communication is poor. One day the Manager tells you that the quota is not a big deal and the next it is a big deal. Managers need to be consistent and attuned to their staff, A little warmth could go along way.

50 Other Employee Reviews for Univita (View Most Recent)

Univita is highly organized, and supportive.

Current Employee - RB Consultant in Salem, OR
    Current Employee - RB Consultant in Salem, OR

I have been working at Univita as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Status to be a nurse consultant for large insurance companies offering long-term care insurance policies.

Cons

Intolerant of human error, especially when RN self-reports.

Be more tolerant. Compensation per visit should be increased. When preparation and travel time is considered, rate per visit is inadequate for a professional, experienced nurse. Also, consideration need to be made when client and/or caregiver is slow and a poor historian.

LTC Claim Specialist

Former Employee - Claim Specialist in Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Claim Specialist in Carmel, IN

I worked at Univita full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Software programs for processing claims are good, office environment good.

Cons

There are no opportunities for advancement unless you are in the "click". Training reps to provide the most updated information to customers is not a priority for this company. The company is not employee friendly, the basic shift is on-call, varied shift made it impossible for employees to have healthy private lives.

Management could benefit by practicing what they speak, really keep employee information confidential. Management could also receive big dividends by ensuring each employee feels valued.

There are newer employer reviews for Univita