Poor. Training is hap hazard and very fast. Then one day you are expected to know everything and perform flawlessly.

Former Employee - Clinical Specialist I  in  Woodbury, MN
Former Employee - Clinical Specialist I in Woodbury, MN

I worked at Univita full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Benefits and they start on Day One.
Nice work Environment

Cons

Poor Training, Manager is hard to get to talk to. I emailed questions and a desire to meet with her and Never got a response. If you make a Make a mistake you are written up. Manager makes many threats to write people up. I really liked my job there and made many attempts to tell my manager but the repeated threat of Write ups and lack of Training and the difficulty getting to see my Manager just contributed to Morale Problems and It is to bad. I sat the first two complete days with a pile of manuals on my desk with no one guiding me as to what I needed to know. I was disappointed on the first few days. My Manager appeared so overwhelmed about her own job that she had no time for her staff. There is a quota system and they tell you not to worry about the quota but they are so behind the ball when it comes to getting work done on a timely basis. That every few days you here, " We have 5500 requests for service and then the pressure starts to get caught up. Univita needs structure and better Training and Communication,.

Improve on Training your staff. Training at Univita is Poor. Threats are to often and not taken seriously. Communication is poor. One day the Manager tells you that the quota is not a big deal and the next it is a big deal. Managers need to be consistent and attuned to their staff, A little warmth could go along way.

Other Reviews for Univita

Univita is highly organized, and supportive.

Current Employee - RB Consultant  in  Salem, OR
    Current Employee - RB Consultant in Salem, OR

I have been working at Univita as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Status to be a nurse consultant for large insurance companies offering long-term care insurance policies.

Cons

Intolerant of human error, especially when RN self-reports.

Be more tolerant. Compensation per visit should be increased. When preparation and travel time is considered, rate per visit is inadequate for a professional, experienced nurse. Also, consideration need to be made when client and/or caregiver is slow and a poor historian.

Terrible Work Culture!

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Telephonic Interviewer  in  Woodbury, MN
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Telephonic Interviewer in Woodbury, MN

I worked at Univita part-time for less than a year

Pros

No commute. That is all I can come up with.

Cons

This is a nursing job where you can work from home, but you certainly don't pick your own hours. Nor can you make any change to your set hours. EVER. They do not offer their employees flexibility as you would expect from a work from home job (ie - if you "punch in" 3 minutes late, expect to hear about it). They do expect you to be flexible though - you will be expected to work 60-90 minutes late some nights, or to log out 2 hours early without pay other nights (and yet still be expected to be by the computer). Extremely micromanaged by supervisors who have no health care experience and who are only available if they have something negative to tell you. I have never quit a job due to poor management before - I have always been able to make the best in any situation. This one, however, made me sick every shift and I couldn't continue.

I would like to suggest that you reconsider who you are hiring to supervise your nurses. The couple supervisors that I dealt with had very poor social and leadership skills. They were not reachable by phone or by email. One supervisor in particular sent out daily emails about how busy she was, and we should not attempt to contact her. However, this supervisor was able to send out daily emails about all of our mistakes and how our last bathroom break was 90 seconds too long. The supervisors are not offering encouragement or appreciation for all interviews that were well done. Also, the supervisors each have their own opinion about how things should be done. I received so much conflicting information from all the different leaders and then would "get in trouble" from one supervisor for doing something the exact way I was told to do it by another supervisior. Univita lost a good nurse who was kind, accurate and efficient in her interviews because the supervisors drove her out. Just terrible.

There are newer employer reviews for Univita.

Worked for Univita? Contribute to the Community!