Unum Group

www.unum.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group

former ermployee

I worked at Unum Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

was good for a short time

Cons

too many immature people employed there, watch your back, only hiring younger people just out of college as according to one manager, "their brains are like sponges & they can absorb more and given $8000 bonus" vs employees who are older in age who were consistenty refused avancement. complaints made to STATE for unfair work practices. Company does not want anyone going out on STD or leave. poor handing of employee claims. conflict of interest that Company also handles their own STD & FMLA, and refuses to accept responsiblity for how they treat people. recent mass firing of good employess and demotions for VP. "life expectancy" to work here is a lot shorter than you think, forget disney world, it's not worth to out of pocket expense and putting up with immature people who make fun of others with disablilties and complain about everyone. employees with little time on think they know more than everyone else, including experianced FMLA or STD reps. HR reps will threaten you if you file any complaints against the incompetence of managers and harassment in workplace. BE AFRAID, THINK TWICE BEFORE TAKING JOB HERE. NOT WORTH IT. THERE ARE BETTER PLACES TO WORK OUT THERE!!!

take a closer look at how you treat people and stop micro managing to try to "win" new clients over the competition. needs to take a look at poor management and HR practices which will cost in the end. Who wants to have a company manage their benefits for their employees when that company is practising unlawful discrimination & allowing management to threaten employees while fostering a hostile work environment.

151 Other Employee Reviews for Unum Group (View Most Recent)

Excellent benefits

I have been working at Unum Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefit package and reasonable coverage costs
    Flexibility of schedule

Cons

Changes in workflow are constant

Get more directives from the employees who are doing the work before making some changes

Worst. Company. Ever.

I worked at Unum Group

Pros

IF you want to be treated like cattle and treated like a "number" then this is the place for you! If you like to be treated like a child at age 35 then this is the place for you. If you want to transport back to high school where there are cliques and teacher's pets then this is the place for you!

Cons

I feel like I was duped by accepting a position at Unum. So many promises were made during the interview process, only to find out the recruiters who interview you and provide the information about pay and promotions clearly have no idea what the specific position entails. But I had heard from a friend of a friend it was a good place to work. Worst decision ever. I have vast experience in sales, service, management and could have added value to my team and my manager but it is seen as a threat to their authority and position (which we were constantly reminded hinged on our performance and us not rocking the boat). Upper management is invisible and I was actually reprimanded once for presenting an idea and not clearing it with my manager first because she wanted to so-present it (take credit).

Urge your lower level managers to LISTEN to employees - just because someone might be in a lower level position to get their foot in door does not mean they do not have valid experience and ideas and input to give. Don't make lower level managers an obstacle to growth. But I am sure this will fall on deaf ears since most of the company meetings I had to sit through where we were force fed how great it is, how much they care about employees and their growth , etc. were wrought with employee eye-rolling and "yeah rights".

There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group