Unum Group

www.unum.com
  www.unum.com
There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group

Unum is a great place to work

Current Employee - DBS in Portland, ME
Current Employee - DBS in Portland, ME

I have been working at Unum Group

Pros

Unum is a great company for several reasons. They actually care about the employees. They will do whatever it takes to make sure we have the tools and information necessary to do our job as efficiently and effectively as possible. They also have a great flexible schedule program, so if you need to leave during the day to get things done, you can make up the time later.

Cons

It can be difficult to get promoted and the timeframes for promotions are kind of long. Other than that, it is a great place to work and start a career. I really enjoy the atomsphere.

None.

141 Other Employee Reviews for Unum Group (View Most Recent)

Unum is a good place to work

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Portland, ME

I have been working at Unum Group

Pros

They are not afraid to spend some money on IT...for example, they are doing a ton of SOA stuff.

Cons

Conservative, all microsoft, a little slow moving...it's a big company.

I don't have anything to say

Overall a good company to work for

Current Employee - Account Manager in Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Portland, ME

I have been working at Unum Group

Pros

Good company to work for overall. I would say it obviously varies depending on your position and direct manager but my experience is that Unum values work / life balance and treats employees fairly. Great benefit package and I would say a fair salary for most positions. Also, company is doing a better job of engaging in community activities.

Cons

Difficult environment to work in sometimes due to the conflicts between sales staff and support staff. The company has really tried to implement recognition programs to get employees more involved in the company and feel valued but they still have some work to do in this arena.

Good job turning the company around over the last couple of years. Definitely headed in the right direction!

There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group