Unum Group
www.unum.com Chattanooga, TN 5000+ Employees

Overall a good company to work for

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Unum Group

ProsGood company to work for overall. I would say it obviously varies depending on your position and direct manager but my experience is that Unum values work / life balance and treats employees fairly. Great benefit package and I would say a fair salary for most positions. Also, company is doing a better job of engaging in community activities.

ConsDifficult environment to work in sometimes due to the conflicts between sales staff and support staff. The company has really tried to implement recognition programs to get employees more involved in the company and feel valued but they still have some work to do in this arena.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job turning the company around over the last couple of years. Definitely headed in the right direction!

Unum is a great place to work

DBS (Current Employee)

I have been working at Unum Group

Pros: Unum is a great company for several reasons. They actually care about the employees. They will do whatever it takes to make sure… Cons: It can be difficult to get promoted and the timeframes for promotions are kind of long. Other… Advice to Senior Management: None. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Unum is a good place to work

Systems Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Unum Group

Pros: They are not afraid to spend some money on IT...for… Cons: Conservative, all microsoft, a little slow moving...it's a big company. Advice to Senior Management: I don't have anything to say Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Unum Group.

Worked for Unum Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Unum Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Unum Group CEO Tom Watjen. All reviews posted anonymously by Unum Group employees.