Unum Group

www.unum.com

sales force is getting younger and younger with the majority of reps often leaving by year 4.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The best training in the industry, very knowledgable management team (probably the best in the industry) great benefis. Very solid group of senior management. A good team atmosphere, with tenured service staff.

Cons

Very small territories given to reps (even senior reps) and new models call for more reps in evey city. The "churn and burn" atmosphere of sales permeates throughout the salesforce. It can be tough to coexist with producing managers that may or may not have a reps best interest first. Too often you are caught looking over your shoulder at trainees that are waiting for a territory to open up or take territory from every rep.

Too many reps, too many mangers. Your competition has proved that a leaner model not only works, but is necessary in todays market. Too much solid talent has left this organizaiton to be top sales rep for your competition.

Other reviews for Unum Group

Go elsewhere

Current Employee - DBS  in  Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - DBS in Glendale, CA

Pros

Good PTO
    Dental, Mental, and Vision
    LTD/STD

Cons

If you wish to have a career do not come here. Unum is not the place if you wish to move up the corporate later. They lie about career mobility here. They usually hire a bunch of bright individuals but they quickly leave the company once they realize that there are no benefits to working here besides taking home a paycheck. Unum has also had issues with sexism. There are barely any females in upper management. The only good thing about this place is the PTO and trust me you will need it.

Hire managers with actual leadership skills. Stop lying to potiential employees about how the company promotes. If

Good Pay. Interesting work

Current Employee - Intern  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Intern in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

Great projects
    Insightful and pleasant manager
    Great opportunities
    Opportunity for professional development
    Overall a great summer internship experience. Included field office visit in Atlanta

Cons

Chattanooga in not my favorite city
    Atmosphere is more casual than I desired
    Sometimes ran out of work
     It would have been better if I could have worked for 3 months instead of 2.

I could have used a little more analytical work but I know it was hard finding projects that were both not over my head but still challenging.

There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group.

Worked for Unum Group? Contribute to the Community!