There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group

sales force is getting younger and younger with the majority of reps often leaving by year 4.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Unum Group

Pros

The best training in the industry, very knowledgable management team (probably the best in the industry) great benefis. Very solid group of senior management. A good team atmosphere, with tenured service staff.

Cons

Very small territories given to reps (even senior reps) and new models call for more reps in evey city. The "churn and burn" atmosphere of sales permeates throughout the salesforce. It can be tough to coexist with producing managers that may or may not have a reps best interest first. Too often you are caught looking over your shoulder at trainees that are waiting for a territory to open up or take territory from every rep.

Advice to Management

Too many reps, too many mangers. Your competition has proved that a leaner model not only works, but is necessary in todays market. Too much solid talent has left this organizaiton to be top sales rep for your competition.

reviews filtered by

Solid Company

Current Employee - Director in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Director in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Unum Group

Pros

Solid company with opportunity for growth. I have seen personal and professional growth in my time with the company and have seen other succeed as well. It is not a place to get a free ride but if you are wiling to put effort into your job there is reward available.

Cons

The corporate cultre is very slow in decision making, even though you get good personal and professional grownth sometimes limited opportunity for promotions.

Advice to Management

Continue the efforts that you have started. Continue to expand our offering and find ways for our organization to increase good quality sales.

Go elsewhere

Current Employee - DBS in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - DBS in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Unum Group

Pros

Good PTO
    Dental, Mental, and Vision
    LTD/STD

Cons

If you wish to have a career do not come here. Unum is not the place if you wish to move up the corporate later. They lie about career mobility here. They usually hire a bunch of bright individuals but they quickly leave the company once they realize that there are no benefits to working here besides taking home a paycheck. Unum has also had issues with sexism. There are barely any females in upper management. The only good thing about this place is the PTO and trust me you will need it.

Advice to Management

Hire managers with actual leadership skills. Stop lying to potiential employees about how the company promotes. If