There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group

Good place to work!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Unum Group

Pros

Unum is a good place to work with a nice work environment, training and corporate atmosphere. The service team works well together and is focused on customer satisfaction and long-term retention.

Cons

The dowside comprises of a gap between the sales and service teams. Service should be considered an extension of the sales team. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

Bridge the gap. Although the office is known for achieving goals, it is due to individual success, not that of the team.

131 Other Employee Reviews for Unum Group (View Most Recent)

I liked my time at UNUM

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Memphis, TN

I worked at Unum Group

Pros

hard work = good pay and good benefits. it can be a lot of fun to work there if you have a good work ethic, thick skin and are money motivated

Cons

some of the upper level management didn't really care much about the reps; but that's pretty much the case everywhere from what i've seen....

i would continue to provide aggressive comp plans and rewards for producers with the ability to leverage retention as you spend more years with the company... also, provide managers who are more in tune with what makes each individual rep succeed.

Extremely proud to work for this company

Current Employee - Non-Management in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Non-Management in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Unum Group

Pros

My experience at Unum has been great. They have paid for school, benefits are good, salary is extremely competitive, and I have received numerous opportunities for growth in my career. After working for several other employers I finally came to Unum due to the recommendation of several friends. Of course all jobs have their bad days and no employer is perfect, but overall I have been extremely impressed with management and have been treated very well.

Cons

As others have mentioned, your experience is directly affected by your department and the type of work you do. Be sure to evaluate the work carefully when interviewing and don't hesitate to ask specific questions before accepting a position (ask what a typical day looks like, what the department goals are, if there are production requirements, etc). There are many positions with unfamiliar names, so if you don't ask you may not be 100% sure what your job will look like. Also, this is a LARGE company. I have worked for both large and small companies and I enjoy the hustle and bustle of large corporations. If you prefer a small company this may not be a good fit for you.

In my opinion Sr. Management works hard to improve the work environment and employee morale. They continually seek feedback and are open to change. Continue that you'll continue to run a successful company.

There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group