Unum Group
www.unum.com Chattanooga, TN 5000+ Employees

The Trenches of Deskside Support

Software Installer (Former Employee)
Portland, ME

ProsThe pay and benefits were good. Location was also good. Unfortunately that is all that was good about the place.

ConsThe lack of competent management took the wind out of the sails of the department. No system setup to move forward in one's career. Constant back stabbing in the department. That was my experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate an environment which fosters cohesion as well as set up a system which a person can follow to move up and to learn more. Bring a more stable management base into the department.

Good place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at Unum Group

Pros: Unum is a good place to work with a nice work environment, training and corporate atmosphere.… Cons: The dowside comprises of a gap between the sales and service teams. Service should… Advice to Senior Management: Bridge the gap. Although the office is known for achieving… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I liked my time at UNUM

Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Memphis, TN

I worked at Unum Group

Pros: hard work = good pay and good benefits. it can be a lot of fun… Cons: some of the upper level management didn't really care much about the… Advice to Senior Management: i would continue to provide aggressive comp plans and rewards for producers with the ability to leverage retention as you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Unum Group.

Worked for Unum Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Unum Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Unum Group CEO Tom Watjen. All reviews posted anonymously by Unum Group employees.