Unum Group

The Trenches of Deskside Support

Former Employee - Software Installer in Portland, ME
Former Employee - Software Installer in Portland, ME

I worked at Unum Group

Pros

The pay and benefits were good. Location was also good. Unfortunately that is all that was good about the place.

Cons

The lack of competent management took the wind out of the sails of the department. No system setup to move forward in one's career. Constant back stabbing in the department. That was my experience.

Create an environment which fosters cohesion as well as set up a system which a person can follow to move up and to learn more. Bring a more stable management base into the department.

141 Other Employee Reviews for Unum Group (View Most Recent)

Good place to work!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Unum Group

Pros

Unum is a good place to work with a nice work environment, training and corporate atmosphere. The service team works well together and is focused on customer satisfaction and long-term retention.

Cons

The dowside comprises of a gap between the sales and service teams. Service should be considered an extension of the sales team. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

Bridge the gap. Although the office is known for achieving goals, it is due to individual success, not that of the team.

I liked my time at UNUM

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Memphis, TN

I worked at Unum Group

Pros

hard work = good pay and good benefits. it can be a lot of fun to work there if you have a good work ethic, thick skin and are money motivated

Cons

some of the upper level management didn't really care much about the reps; but that's pretty much the case everywhere from what i've seen....

i would continue to provide aggressive comp plans and rewards for producers with the ability to leverage retention as you spend more years with the company... also, provide managers who are more in tune with what makes each individual rep succeed.

There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group