Unum Group

www.unum.com
  www.unum.com
There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group

Unum is a great company to join or in my case...re-join!

Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Portland, ME
Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Portland, ME

I have been working at Unum Group

Pros

Unum is a great company to join or in my case - re-join! I started my career @ Unum directly out of college and gained training, mentorship and opportunities that proved invaluable to my HR career. Unlike most of my co-workers who remained happily employed with Unum, I relocated and left Unum. During the past 15 yrs, my career advanced and I had the opportunity to work for several fortune 50/100/250 organizations on the east and west coast. Although, I’ve enjoyed most of the companies I’ve had the opportunity to work with – none of these companies compared to Unum. So…I’m very happily back where I started at Unum with an enlightened appreciation!

Some of the best reasons to join Unum are...first and foremost, the employees you’ll work with daily – they are friendly, professional, care about their customers, the top in their field and all reflect a culture of trust, open communication and integrity.

Other reasons to work for Unum are: excellent benefits, competitive salaries, first class training, opportunities for growth and an established, yet cutting edge environment.

Cons

I can't think of a downside to working @ Unum....

Very impressive HR leadership & team!

141 Other Employee Reviews for Unum Group (View Most Recent)

The Trenches of Deskside Support

Former Employee - Software Installer in Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Software Installer in Portland, ME

I worked at Unum Group

Pros

The pay and benefits were good. Location was also good. Unfortunately that is all that was good about the place.

Cons

The lack of competent management took the wind out of the sails of the department. No system setup to move forward in one's career. Constant back stabbing in the department. That was my experience.

Create an environment which fosters cohesion as well as set up a system which a person can follow to move up and to learn more. Bring a more stable management base into the department.

Good place to work!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Unum Group

Pros

Unum is a good place to work with a nice work environment, training and corporate atmosphere. The service team works well together and is focused on customer satisfaction and long-term retention.

Cons

The dowside comprises of a gap between the sales and service teams. Service should be considered an extension of the sales team. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

Bridge the gap. Although the office is known for achieving goals, it is due to individual success, not that of the team.

There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group