Unum Group

www.unum.com

Worthwhile internship, if just financially

Former Employee - Business Technology Intern  in  Portland, ME
Former Employee - Business Technology Intern in Portland, ME

Pros

Great compensation, strong group aspect of internship that showcased elements of the company that I didn't know about due to my very focused internship. Strong relationship with mentor. Everyone was happy to have me and willing to ask questions. Great entry to a full time position

Cons

Not always enough work for me to do, need to be a self-starter to get the most out of internship at Unum. Did not work with any other interns, and due to the fact that Unum has multiple campuses across the country, often meeting where via video/web conference.

Continue to take the time to develop fresh talent to re-invigorate an aging work force, especially in the business technology dept.

Other reviews for Unum Group

Unum Group Review from an Employee angle

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist II  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist II in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

Unum has a really great program that if you are a Customer Service Specialist or other selected positions, within a timeframe, you will be allowed to work from home. This is a win win situation for the Employee and the Employer. This program definately saves a lot of money for all involved.

Cons

The Cons of working for Unum are once in the Contact Center, trained and doing nice job at it, advancement within the Company seems a little less attainable.

Personally, my Manager is the most honest and up front person any Employee could ever ask for. This person is always on the top of their agenda, always immediately returns emails regardless of their workload. All in all, Management at Unum that I have come in contact with have been very helpful and friendly.

Unum is a great company to join or in my case...re-join!

Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant  in  Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Portland, ME

Pros

Unum is a great company to join or in my case - re-join! I started my career @ Unum directly out of college and gained training, mentorship and opportunities that proved invaluable to my HR career. Unlike most of my co-workers who remained happily employed with Unum, I relocated and left Unum. During the past 15 yrs, my career advanced and I had the opportunity to work for several fortune 50/100/250 organizations on the east and west coast. Although, I’ve enjoyed most of the companies I’ve had the opportunity to work with – none of these companies compared to Unum. So…I’m very happily back where I started at Unum with an enlightened appreciation!

Some of the best reasons to join Unum are...first and foremost, the employees you’ll work with daily – they are friendly, professional, care about their customers, the top in their field and all reflect a culture of trust, open communication and integrity.

Other reasons to work for Unum are: excellent benefits, competitive salaries, first class training, opportunities for growth and an established, yet cutting edge environment.

Cons

I can't think of a downside to working @ Unum....

Very impressive HR leadership & team!

There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group.

Worked for Unum Group? Contribute to the Community!