There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group

Unum Group Review from an Employee angle

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist II  in  Chattanooga, TN
Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist II in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Unum Group

Pros

Unum has a really great program that if you are a Customer Service Specialist or other selected positions, within a timeframe, you will be allowed to work from home. This is a win win situation for the Employee and the Employer. This program definately saves a lot of money for all involved.

Cons

The Cons of working for Unum are once in the Contact Center, trained and doing nice job at it, advancement within the Company seems a little less attainable.

Personally, my Manager is the most honest and up front person any Employee could ever ask for. This person is always on the top of their agenda, always immediately returns emails regardless of their workload. All in all, Management at Unum that I have come in contact with have been very helpful and friendly.

127 Other Employee Reviews for Unum Group (View Most Recent)

Unum is a great company to join or in my case...re-join!

Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant  in  Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Portland, ME

I have been working at Unum Group

Pros

Unum is a great company to join or in my case - re-join! I started my career @ Unum directly out of college and gained training, mentorship and opportunities that proved invaluable to my HR career. Unlike most of my co-workers who remained happily employed with Unum, I relocated and left Unum. During the past 15 yrs, my career advanced and I had the opportunity to work for several fortune 50/100/250 organizations on the east and west coast. Although, I’ve enjoyed most of the companies I’ve had the opportunity to work with – none of these companies compared to Unum. So…I’m very happily back where I started at Unum with an enlightened appreciation!

Some of the best reasons to join Unum are...first and foremost, the employees you’ll work with daily – they are friendly, professional, care about their customers, the top in their field and all reflect a culture of trust, open communication and integrity.

Other reasons to work for Unum are: excellent benefits, competitive salaries, first class training, opportunities for growth and an established, yet cutting edge environment.

Cons

I can't think of a downside to working @ Unum....

Very impressive HR leadership & team!

The Trenches of Deskside Support

Former Employee - Software Installer  in  Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Software Installer in Portland, ME

I worked at Unum Group

Pros

The pay and benefits were good. Location was also good. Unfortunately that is all that was good about the place.

Cons

The lack of competent management took the wind out of the sails of the department. No system setup to move forward in one's career. Constant back stabbing in the department. That was my experience.

Create an environment which fosters cohesion as well as set up a system which a person can follow to move up and to learn more. Bring a more stable management base into the department.

There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group

Worked for Unum Group? Contribute to the Community!