Good for the most part

Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Glendale, CA
Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Unum Group

Pros

money benefit its a great company good PTO time that is important with this position. room to move around and grow within the company

Cons

some of the works are not that friendly. go to work do your job get your money that is what you are there for in the first place.

Advice to Management

Ways to motivate team. i think it is important in this position to have people properly motivated. in some cases management lacks in that aspect.

reviews filtered by

Unum Group Review from an Employee angle

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist II in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist II in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Unum Group

Pros

Unum has a really great program that if you are a Customer Service Specialist or other selected positions, within a timeframe, you will be allowed to work from home. This is a win win situation for the Employee and the Employer. This program definately saves a lot of money for all involved.

Cons

The Cons of working for Unum are once in the Contact Center, trained and doing nice job at it, advancement within the Company seems a little less attainable.

Advice to Management

Personally, my Manager is the most honest and up front person any Employee could ever ask for. This person is always on the top of their agenda, always immediately returns emails regardless of their workload. All in all, Management at Unum that I have come in contact with have been very helpful and friendly.

Worthwhile internship, if just financially

Former Employee - Business Technology Intern in Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Business Technology Intern in Portland, ME

I worked at Unum Group

Pros

Great compensation, strong group aspect of internship that showcased elements of the company that I didn't know about due to my very focused internship. Strong relationship with mentor. Everyone was happy to have me and willing to ask questions. Great entry to a full time position

Cons

Not always enough work for me to do, need to be a self-starter to get the most out of internship at Unum. Did not work with any other interns, and due to the fact that Unum has multiple campuses across the country, often meeting where via video/web conference.

Advice to Management

Continue to take the time to develop fresh talent to re-invigorate an aging work force, especially in the business technology dept.