Unum Group
www.unum.com Chattanooga, TN 5000+ Employees

I've had an excellent experience working for Unum.

Systems Consultant (Current Employee)
Portland, ME

I have been working at Unum Group

ProsWork/Life Balance, Unum is a very established and solid company. I am proud to work for them and many others that I've talked to are proud too. There are Information Technology employees that have worked there for over 30 years and love it there. That is rare. Even though it is a huge company, I don't feel like I'm just another number.

ConsSince Unum is a large company they are less agile. Many of the processes that lower agility also reduce risk as compared to a small company. Unum is pretty good at managing the agility/risk, but sometimes falls short.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

UNUM - A good place to work

Systems Consultant (Current Employee)
Portland, ME

I have been working at Unum Group

Pros: UNUM pays very well compared to other companies in the area. It's actually one of the better paying… Cons: I think that Unum's lacks alot of recognition of employees,… Advice to Senior Management: Overall, I think it has become a really good company. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not worth it

FMLA Specialist (Former Employee)
Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Unum Group

Pros: I went to work for Unum straight out of college. I found it a… Cons: Bottom line, to much work with not enough pay. Advice to Senior Management: Better communication with staff. Improve the way in which employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Unum Group.

Worked for Unum Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Unum Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Unum Group CEO Tom Watjen. All reviews posted anonymously by Unum Group employees.