There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group

Not the best place nor the worst place

Former Employee - Enterprise Project Manager  in  Chattanooga, TN
Former Employee - Enterprise Project Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Unum Group

Pros

The best reasons to work for Unum Group are for the stability & pay a fair wage.

Cons

It's not that Unum Group is a horrible place to work. Just every other company I've worked for has out performed them on almost all aspects.

Unum is not a horrible place to work but one will quickly see their short comings working for other people. Anyone with a little bit of ambition will stick out easily here which is not always a good thing. Usually that person gets stuck with all of the work.

Sr Leadership should reassess the level of talent they have a middle management level. The company will continue to be mediocre until they change the level of middle management talent.

127 Other Employee Reviews for Unum Group (View Most Recent)

Good for the most part

Current Employee - Benefits Specialist  in  Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Unum Group

Pros

money benefit its a great company good PTO time that is important with this position. room to move around and grow within the company

Cons

some of the works are not that friendly. go to work do your job get your money that is what you are there for in the first place.

Ways to motivate team. i think it is important in this position to have people properly motivated. in some cases management lacks in that aspect.

Worthwhile internship, if just financially

Former Employee - Business Technology Intern  in  Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Business Technology Intern in Portland, ME

I worked at Unum Group

Pros

Great compensation, strong group aspect of internship that showcased elements of the company that I didn't know about due to my very focused internship. Strong relationship with mentor. Everyone was happy to have me and willing to ask questions. Great entry to a full time position

Cons

Not always enough work for me to do, need to be a self-starter to get the most out of internship at Unum. Did not work with any other interns, and due to the fact that Unum has multiple campuses across the country, often meeting where via video/web conference.

Continue to take the time to develop fresh talent to re-invigorate an aging work force, especially in the business technology dept.

There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group

Worked for Unum Group? Contribute to the Community!