Unum Group

www.unum.com

Not a place to build careers

Current Employee - Disability Specialist  in  Glendale, CA
Current Employee - Disability Specialist in Glendale, CA

Pros

Unum has excellent health, vision, and dental care packages. The PTO is pretty generous. However the actually salary is below industry standard

Cons

Working at Unum is a very grueling task especially for a DBS. Unum is slow to promote and the the career path is pretty terrible. Some of the managers are incompenent and only care about their numbers. Sadly really intelligent people at Unum end up leaving because of the lack of opprotunities avaliable. The same people are the ones who get recognized. The pay doesn't reflect the work. Pesronally I feel as though Unum doens't recognize talent. DBS are at the bottom of the totem pole at this company even though we are the ones doing the most work.

Promotions should be based on quality of work not time served on the job. I also believe that senior management should develop more opprotunities to move up in the company. The pay for a DBS needs to be increased.

Other reviews for Unum Group

The #1 Disability Insurer and Creator of Quality Coverage was sold in 1997.

Current Employee - Field Supervisor, Senior Represenative, Disability Analyst  in  Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Field Supervisor, Senior Represenative, Disability Analyst in Worcester, MA

Pros

Was #1 in Quality Insurance Products the entire time it existed.

Cons

None. The time you put in was entirely up to you.

None - The Company was bought out when it was entered by a Conglomerant and sold on the Stock Market.

I've had an excellent experience working for Unum.

Current Employee - Systems Consultant  in  Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Portland, ME

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Unum is a very established and solid company. I am proud to work for them and many others that I've talked to are proud too. There are Information Technology employees that have worked there for over 30 years and love it there. That is rare. Even though it is a huge company, I don't feel like I'm just another number.

Cons

Since Unum is a large company they are less agile. Many of the processes that lower agility also reduce risk as compared to a small company. Unum is pretty good at managing the agility/risk, but sometimes falls short.

Keep up the good work!

There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group.

Worked for Unum Group? Contribute to the Community!