Update Legal
www.updatelegal.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

It beats waiting tables

Contract Attorney (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsFlexibility is nice, but let's face it...Doc review is not what you went to law school for. I haven't really found Update Legal to be any worse or any better than some of the other legal temp firms out there. However, I don't get the sense that they are well managed, nor do I feel that they try very hard to find you job placements.

ConsSF management seems to have abandoned ship. As a result I think there are some mid level managers who are running the show, trying their best, but falling short in terms of responsiveness and actual help with job placement.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore contacts at big firms would probably equal more review gigs. Might have to recruit some associates with friends at the top shops.

Decent

I have been working at Update Legal

Pros: laid back environment , friendly coworkers Cons: no bonuses or raises in some time Advice to Senior Management: None More

Working there was unsatisfactory.

Legal Placement Consultant (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Update Legal full-time for more than a year

Pros: I liked the people, they were sweet and friendly. In general really great group of people to work with. Location… Cons: It can be hard to navigate the politics of the place, and to understand why people are sensitive about certain things. Not… More
There are newer reviews on Update Legal.

Worked for Update Legal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Update Legal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Update Legal CEO Josh Schott. All reviews posted anonymously by Update Legal employees.