There are newer employer reviews for Update Legal

It beats waiting tables

Former Employee - Contract Attorney in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Contract Attorney in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Update Legal

Pros

Flexibility is nice, but let's face it...Doc review is not what you went to law school for. I haven't really found Update Legal to be any worse or any better than some of the other legal temp firms out there. However, I don't get the sense that they are well managed, nor do I feel that they try very hard to find you job placements.

Cons

SF management seems to have abandoned ship. As a result I think there are some mid level managers who are running the show, trying their best, but falling short in terms of responsiveness and actual help with job placement.

More contacts at big firms would probably equal more review gigs. Might have to recruit some associates with friends at the top shops.

reviews filtered by
  1. Decent

I have been working at Update Legal

Pros

laid back environment , friendly coworkers

Cons

no bonuses or raises in some time

None

2. Great Experience Thus Far

Current Employee - Contract Attorney in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Contract Attorney in Boston, MA

I have been working at Update Legal full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I really appreciate being able to work my schedule around applying/interviewing for permanent positions elsewhere. If I have an interview at 9am, I can come in afterwards and just stay later. You aren't using any sick time/vacation time (because you don't have any) and you are still able to fit a 40 hour work week in, even if it means staying until 9pm one night because it took you 4 hours in city traffic to get to work that day (likely because it snowed).

Cons

Not having benefits like vacation days or sick days (you aren't at work, you're missing those hours if you can't make them up another day that same week).

My only advice to management is to upgrade the computers! The software we use for the contract crashes often because the computer's are SO old and no longer able to be updated with new programs/software.

There are newer employer reviews for Update Legal