Upper Chesapeake Health
www.uchs.org Bel Air, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

Management is very supportive of education and personal growth as well as home/work balance.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Havre de Grace, MD

ProsVery supportive and encouraging of continuing education and home/work balance. Flexible with scheduling.

ConsSome charge nurses need a little more experience. Team members need to work on gossip, as with all workplaces. Team members should hold each other accountable more often.

Advice to Senior ManagementCharge nurses should be experienced in the field in which they are running charge to be effective resources and mentors. A mentor program for team members is a great idea, with coaching for experienced nurses.

Supervisor

Lab Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Upper Chesapeake Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Job located In Bel Air Cons: Supervisors and Directoors are Micromanaged Advice to Senior Management: Allow employees to perform their jobs, inform them of expectations… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I am pleased within my department but disappointed in the hospital management.

Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Upper Chesapeake Health

Pros: Both hospitals are close to home. My particular department head is wonderful to work… Cons: I have worked within Upper Chesapeake for many years. Prior to that I worked or was educated in Baltimore Metro hospitals. Upper Chesapeake management seems… Advice to Senior Management: As it pertains to management: hire outside, not from within. New ideas and broader minds are needed. Please stop the gossip and get the the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Upper Chesapeake Health.

Worked for Upper Chesapeake Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Upper Chesapeake Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Upper Chesapeake Health CEO Lyle E. Sheldon. All reviews posted anonymously by Upper Chesapeake Health employees.