Upper Chesapeake Health

www.uchs.org
  www.uchs.org
There are newer employer reviews for Upper Chesapeake Health

Management is very supportive of education and personal growth as well as home/work balance.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Havre de Grace, MD
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Havre de Grace, MD

I have been working at Upper Chesapeake Health

Pros

Very supportive and encouraging of continuing education and home/work balance. Flexible with scheduling.

Cons

Some charge nurses need a little more experience. Team members need to work on gossip, as with all workplaces. Team members should hold each other accountable more often.

Charge nurses should be experienced in the field in which they are running charge to be effective resources and mentors. A mentor program for team members is a great idea, with coaching for experienced nurses.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Upper Chesapeake Health (View Most Recent)

Supervisor

Former Employee - Lab Supervisor
    Former Employee - Lab Supervisor

I worked at Upper Chesapeake Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Job located In Bel Air

Cons

Supervisors and Directoors are Micromanaged

Allow employees to perform their jobs, inform them of expectations and acknowledge good performance. Take accountability.

I am pleased within my department but disappointed in the hospital management.

Current Employee - Nurse
    Current Employee - Nurse

I have been working at Upper Chesapeake Health

Pros

Both hospitals are close to home. My particular department head is wonderful to work for/with. Schedule has been easy to change as issues come up in everyday life.

Cons

I have worked within Upper Chesapeake for many years. Prior to that I worked or was educated in Baltimore Metro hospitals. Upper Chesapeake management seems poorly organized and focuses on small matters rather than the big picture of what is going on within the hospitals on a daily basis. This is compared to previous experiences in metro hospitals. New blood with more expansive knowledge base would be a plus in areas of managment.

As it pertains to management: hire outside, not from within. New ideas and broader minds are needed. Please stop the gossip and get the the bottom of a problem 1st before making assumptions. Gossip in the upper ranks is disappointing. Conduct yourselves in a professional manner as you encourage all of us to do.

There are newer employer reviews for Upper Chesapeake Health