Best job I've ever had

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Upwork full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is endlessly interesting. We're actually changing how people work, and in turn how they live. You get to have an impact on something really meaningful: work and people's livelihoods We're in a high-growth market and have barely scratched the surface. People are really smart. People are very team-oriented and collaborative.

Cons

Since the merger between Elance and oDesk, it does feel like a bigger company (in fact, it is)

Other Employee Reviews for Upwork

1. Promoting learning and career growth opportunity for everyone

Former Employee - Associate in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Upwork full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part about Elance-oDesk is the company culture. My co-workers are not just my peers but also some of my close friends. Having an open culture where everyone is friendly and working for the same coming goal makes it easy to come to work everyday and really enjoy what you do. On top of that, you get to work from home every Wednesday! At Elance-oDesk, we truly believe in our mission; therefore we always put ourselves into the shoes of our customers to get a true understanding of our product. Overall, working at Elance-oDesk has truly given me a lifetime of learning opportunities!

Cons

The only con for me would be the long commute but they offer great commute perks and work from home days to offset that!

Advice to Management

Keep showing the amazing company culture!

Non-Caring.

Current Freelancer - Support Ticket Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Current Freelancer - Support Ticket Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Upwork (More than 3 years)

Pros

You work from home and you work with some great people.

Cons

You get nothing working for them. No benefits, sick time, vacation time, flexibility you normally get with a work from home job, and you are absolutely replaceable.

Advice to Management

Care more about the people you employ and maybe they will work harder for you.

Upwork Response

Jul 18, 2014 – HR

Thank you for your feedback. Our team greatly values the opinions of those using the Elance - oDesk platform to find freelance work. We continue to evolve the offerings for our clients and ... More