Urban Engineering

There are newer employer reviews for Urban Engineering

Project Engineer

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Chantilly, VA
Former Employee - Project Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Urban Engineering full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You get the opportunity to work on a plethera of different engineering projects, as opposed to being stuck just doing one element of a plan.

Cons

Low paying firm that lures employees by promising 'all the overtime you can work' and considers the overtime a 'gift' from Urban. Unless you are at the Associate level you will be overworked and underpaid.

Bring salaries to a point that matches engineering companies in the area. Appreciate the engineers you have in an effort to reduce 'turnover'. Urban has lost way too many good engineers due to keeping all profits at the Associate level and above. Reward the guys that do the grunt work to make the money.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Urban Engineering (View Most Recent)

great place to work, a lesson I learned the hard way

Current Employee - Project Manager in Annandale, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Annandale, VA

I have been working at Urban Engineering full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture. Teams work together to get jobs done. company has a lot of motivated, hard working people. You get to work on a large variety of projects. You get to work with the best developers in the area on high profile projects. Anyone has access to higher ups in the company, an intern can walk in and ask a principle a question. I have worked there for 7 years, I left urban after 2 years for a job i was told would pay me better, turned out to not be true. I returned to Urban and have worked there for 5 more years. I do not plan on leaving again! The company has good health care, pay and bonuses. The holidays and vacations are on par with other companies.

Cons

the work is very fast paced, some people have a tough time keeping up. very good place for competent, hard working individuals. Not a good place for people looking to coast. You are paid based on your ability and production

Keep looking for the best engineers in the area!

Project Engineer

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Annandale, VA
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Annandale, VA

I have been working at Urban Engineering full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exposure to various of Land Development Engineering.
    Excellent feedback and mentorship from manager.
    Approachable management team.
    Friendly, challenging and stable environment to advance your career as a civil engineer in the metro area.

Cons

If you are looking for a corporate feel firm, this firm is not for you. The work load is divided to each individual engineer and it is up to you to bring results on time.

Career advancement is important in this field as any other, the education stipend could be a little higher.

There are newer employer reviews for Urban Engineering