Urban Outfitters
www.urbanoutfitters.com Philadelphia, PA 5000+ Employees

Great for early career/ college students

Team Leader (Former Employee)
Vienna, VA

I worked at Urban Outfitters part-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe people at Urban are generally great people. Really fun, creative individuals and know how to get things done. The atmosphere is generally very open and hip; management hires like-minded individuals and embrace individuality, uniqueness and personality.

ConsTurnover is extremely high and commitment to the job is very low. The hours are extraordinarily taxing-:closing shifts go into the wee hours of the night and they have recently implement overnight shifts. Performance appraisals aren't taken seriously due to turnover and the majority of the demographic of the population that work for UO. Pay is low as is employee morale/ satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement at UO need to be enforcers of the rules but need to find a happy medium to ensure high employee morale. If you trust your employees and give them responsibilities and hold them accountable, you will see measurable results in your workforce.

Demanding Hours, Good Staff

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Urban Outfitters part-time for less than a year

Pros: -I worked at the location on Rush and Walton in downtown Chicago, right off Michigan avenue. It was a beautiful spot. -Flexible staff -GREAT employee benefits:… Cons: -Really demanding hours. When I first started in the summer I would routinely be there until midnight or later on nights I had to… Advice to Senior Management: -I would say be a little more relaxed with closing standards, but in spite of how much effort it takes I do appreciate that Urban… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

great entry sales position

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Urban Outfitters part-time for more than a year

Pros: good management, very corporate so very organized, flexible schedule, good… Cons: very corporate, not much room for advancement Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Urban Outfitters.

Worked for Urban Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Urban Outfitters reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Urban Outfitters CEO Richard A. Hayne. All reviews posted anonymously by Urban Outfitters employees.