Fun but no cake walk

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Urban Outfitters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you get great discounts on merch, an inside look at the latest trends and a better understanding of the brands/products. you get to meet and interact with people daily (both customers and co workers) , and urban's "peers helping peers" policy makes it easier to get the hang of things. overall UO does a good job of doing things to acknowledge/engage their employees and getting you involved/motivated

Cons

due to customers, the job can be very repetitive and counter productive; at times it can be frustrating to try to meet your shift goals and standers for the area your assigned to. it's a really fast pace job most of the time, so don't get the idea that it's "laid back" or "easy" and there's a good amount of information that you need to learn nearly right away. then of course, there's dealing with those difficult customers that you get every so often.

Other Employee Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Awful, Awful, Awful!!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Trenton, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Trenton, SC

I worked at Urban Outfitters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very Laid back atmosphere, great co-workers, some customers really make coming to work great.

Cons

-Management sucks, and are so un-professional, me and my direct supervisor had a minor disagreement about a QA Score that was obviously flawed, and she told me that if I didn't agree with her the door was in the same place as when I walked in for my shift. -The director openly promotes and give schedules based on personal favorites (females/caucasian/blond/attractive), I was ranked in the top 10 the whole time I was there, yet was stuck working 3pm-12am with random SPLIT days off. and to add insult to injury your schedule can change on a daily basis (Monday:3-12am Tuesday:7am-4pm Wednesday:11am-8pm, etc etc) -Turnover is sooooo high! Ex: I started in a training class of 22 people, by the time I hit 90 days it was only 4 of us left. -They hate giving raises. -The other depts treat the customer care dept as if we're the black plague when we all start at the same pay rate. -Store reps are some of the most idiotic people I've come in contact with, and corporate always makes it seem like we're the rude ones making excuses for them. -I left after 11 months due to having to drive to the middle of no where for complete BS.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to do a complete overhaul to the call center team, by first getting rid of the director!

Good Experience, Bad Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Urban Outfitters full-time

Pros

Great Co Workers Good location to work

Cons

No work life balance No clear management focus No opportunity for growth

Advice to Management

Communicate with and train your employees for growth. Management consistently talks down to employees and does create a "team" environment.