There are newer employer reviews for Urban Outfitters

Urban has been very good to me. I've grown within the company and have a clear path and goals to keep on doing so.

Current Employee - Team Leader in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Team Leader in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Urban Outfitters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility Growth opportunity LIfestyle oriented Open door policy Non discriminatory Mentorship Program Internships Structured but not overbearingly so. Creative freedom Management style variation Communication oriented and much more. Positive reenforcement Goal driven

Cons

I've yet to find any definite cons. I personally believe that each employee has their own experience and most who have a negative one (experience) is due to their own work ethic. The way the company works is that if you are not driven and/or have a negative attitude , you will not receive the same respect/ responsibilities/ freedoms as the people who are invested in the company and want to be there (as in any job.) It is what you make it.

Other Employee Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Very poor work environment with few redeeming qualities.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Urban Outfitters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro is the discount.

Cons

Multiple managers (of all levels) didn't allow employees to take their allotted break on nights where they felt we were going to have a rough closing. Worked more than a few 9-12 hour shifts with only a 10 minute break. Little consistency in scheduling - closing the store for 6 hours (after the gate is locked) for a low wage, only to have to return in the early morning for your next shift. Inappropriate comments from managers regarding employee's personal clothing style. Every employee is a suspected thief, while customers walk out of the store with stolen merchandise daily and some management look the other way.

Advice to Management

Respect labor laws and the efforts of your employees. If you want good work for $8.50 an hour, you may want to give employee's a reason to stay.

2. Working at Urban is ok..at best

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Towson, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Towson, MD

I have been working at Urban Outfitters part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Discount Nice clothes No Dress code Laid Back atmosphere Co-workers are cool Nice starting salary for those w/ no experience.

Cons

Don't get paid enough for the work you do. Not enough hours On call shift w/o a real shift scheduled

Advice to Management

Pay attention more to you sales associates. schedule at least one real shift when you schedule a on call