There are newer employer reviews for Urban Outfitters

Employment at Urban

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  New Brunswick, NJ
Former Employee - Sales Associate in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Urban Outfitters part-time for less than a year

Pros

- 40% off of clothing (the ultimate PRO)
- somewhat flexible if you give them you're availability

Asked questions like: why Urban; situation with customer example of how you would handle it. Often retail interviews are quite similar. Just dress like an UO employee would dress, wear something non revealing but in tune with their clothing. Know atleast three of the brands they sell, and be able to tell them something in detail about one of them. They asked me who my favorite designer was, and I was able to mention one of the founders of the brands they carry. Just do a 10 minute google search and you should be fine!

Cons

- management is very strict and pretty mean
- scrutinize you're ability to do all tasks
- expect a lot fast
- search you multiple times on shift, especially if closing
- closing takes about 2 hours post door locking

525 Other Employee Reviews for Urban Outfitters (View Most Recent)

Friendly, fun, super rad place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH

I worked at Urban Outfitters part-time for less than a year

Pros

-The clothes, obviously.
    -Discount is pretty legit: 40% off clothes/accessories, 25% off home
    -Employee Appreciation!: Window where you get 40% off everything, including SALE!
    -Managers and co-workers are the bomb dot com. Really chill and quirky atmosphere.
    -College nights were really fun: 30% off sale for showing a college id. Often had fun games, free food, and live tunes those nights.

Cons

-Usual retail woes: cut back on hours when the store isn't doing as well.
    -Lots of on-calls (you call 2-hours before your supposed shift to see if they need you).
    -I didn't typically get enough hours to live on consistently.

Keep that positive, creative attitude. :) Just work on the hours I guess.

Loved working here

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Trenton, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Trenton, SC

I worked at Urban Outfitters full-time for more than a year

Pros

No dress code, freedom to be creative, Supervisors are absolutely wonderful. Always a chance to change your role/department. Awesome prizes for customer compliments. Goals easily attainable if you want. If you are a drama free person and just want to come to work, do your job and go home....This is the perfect job....bonus: you can show off your tattoos, have un-natural colored hair, self expression is welcomed unlike ANY other call center I've worked in.

Cons

Of course there's favoritism, Seems like some supervisors got their position by being likable rather than actually being a good fit for the job, You have to know going in that the manager doesn't play games, he's a straight forward guy and completely awesome. Don't be stupid and get caught in work place drama/politics and follow the few rules set forth. Some customers are not so friendly but then you can have that one wonderful customer that makes you realize why you come to work every day. It's a Customer Service job....remember that!

Keep it up, There are plenty of satisfied current and former employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Urban Outfitters

Worked for Urban Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!