Good Part Time Job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Urban Outfitters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally you're working with a lot of cool people - I've met some of my best friends at UO. It makes work really fun and forms some pretty tight bonds off the clock too. It's a pretty fast-paced environment and almost always something to do, especially in the bigger stores. Of course the discount goes without saying, but definitely a huge part of why I stick with the company. There's a lot of opportunity for advancement, as well.

Cons

I feel like the store is undergoing a rebranding that doesn't necessarily reflect the culture or needs of their employees or customers - this may have just been at my store, though. Work can sometimes be grueling and require long hours - especially during % off sales and perfect closes (I've been in a store til 3 AM more than once). Sometimes you get a pretentious kid who doesn't really want to work, but they generally get cut out pretty quickly. Also I feel like when a ton of people get hired at once training can get spotty. Managers rotate in and out with a lot of frequency - can lead to a lot of confusion about standards as well as hinder promotions (one manager loves you, another doesn't, etc). Not a lot of security of hours for full-time associates.

Advice to Management

Train employees more thoroughly, make sure standards are regular throughout the company. Every time I got a new SM everything right down to how we folded changed.

reviews filtered by
  1. Get ready for a good time!

Current Intern - Design Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Intern - Design Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Urban Outfitters as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and surrounding people!

The pay is great for a summer internship, allowed for me to pay for a apartment in Philly, while working at home office.

No dress code policy- you can wear whatever you want, not necessarily just URBN clothing.

Cons

Fast-paced, if you can't keep up you'll be bulldozed over. The environment can get hectic. Sometimes un-organized when with deadlines, etc.

2. Fun environment for a part time job!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Urban Outfitters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very fun environment, awesome co-workers with unique personalities

Cons

Slim chance for advancement- no real opportunities