Urban Science
www.urbanscience.com Detroit, MI 500 to 999 Employees

Decent place to work, but can become tedious an uncaring.

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)
Long Beach, CA

ProsWork is satisfying overall and the pay is not terrible. The people are very nice. The experience is good and most of the consultants can be more knowledgeable than counterparts that work directly for automotive OEMs.

ConsBecoming a revenue generating machine that chases every dollar with little regard for their employees and clients. Growth and progress can be difficult after a while, both financially and professionally.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, put a little more effort into developing your people and provide them with proper career paths that will help them grow instead of plugging them in a cogs in a revenue generating machine. Care more about your clients. And when its time to pay bonuses and raises, be fair. Growing is good, but don't make your current employees pay such a huge price for your growth.

Technically and innovative peers, but lots of red tape and 1980s.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

I worked at Urban Science full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Brand new office facility in Downtown Detroit, lots of coffee and tea choices. Smart people with… Cons: For a technical or software minded individual, the company is moving back to 1980 by tying to adopt Team Software Process, at a company level… Advice to Senior Management: Seek innovation and entrepreneurship. Take notes from software leaders today, for the future. Seek inspiration from Dan Gilbert and other technology leaders. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not worth the commute

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

I have been working at Urban Science full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: For a developer like me, the best thing about working there was the people. Despite their general… Cons: This is, without a doubt, the only company I've ever worked for where it was allowed for departments to show open contempt for another department… Advice to Senior Management: Hire people from somewhere other than General Motors. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Urban Science.

Worked for Urban Science? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Urban Science reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Urban Science CEO Jim Anderson. All reviews posted anonymously by Urban Science employees.