There are newer employer reviews for Urban Science

Excellent!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager  in  Long Beach, CA
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Urban Science full-time

Pros

-Leadership is committed to continuous improvement, specifically in the area of employee & client satisfaction.
-Very supportive local leadership.
-Great, caring and smart people!
-Great experiences with employees I've had the opportunity to work with from our other, global offices.
-Close to home.

Cons

-There is a lot of work to do, however, it is challenging and keeps me coming back for more.

-Continue to model our values.
-Continue your committment to improving employee and client satisfaction. Balance this with our goals in the area of profitability and growth.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Urban Science (View Most Recent)

Current Employee - Development Team  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Development Team in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Urban Science full-time

Pros

1.New remodeled Office
    2.Some smart employees
    3.Company business is booming during bad and good economies.

Cons

1.Company switched to TSP/PSP software development process which is outdated and is nothing but micro-management.
    2.Some employees work hard without any recognition while others play and do nothing but still get recognized because they have close ties to some managers.
    3.Back stabbing is happening all the time. Managers hear one side of story only and take action without talking to other parties.
    4.Employees get threaten of being let go on their yearly performance review although these employees work really hard.
    5.Bonuses and raises are real pathetic.
    6.Employees work long hours due to aggressive delivery dates.
    7.Expect to loose any experience you have since company switched to using a number of 3rd party software for development.
    8. Architecture team make decision without talking to Development.
    9. Management team commit to projects without talking to development.

Listen to your employees and not to your managers in order for the company to grow.
    Job market is real competitive so again treat your people well.

Sorry I ever joined the company - stay away from this place!

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Urban Science full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice facility, nice people. Popcorn machine. That's it.

Cons

Management does not tell the truth. They put on a display of "all things are great" and "our team is the most important thing" but it is a lie. I've seen how they treat people first-hand and it can be brutal. If you are a developer and willing to work 60 hours week after week with no reward, then you'll be fine. If you've put in many extra hours and want an afternoon off ... forget it. I watched a co-worker get fired (very rudely) because he wanted a Friday afternoon off. He'd worked 50+ hours/week for 3 months and they wouldn't give him four hours. Me? I'm looking elsewhere.

Listen. Change your ways: treat your people respectfully and learn to actually implement a life balance approach. Stop lying. Expect fair work for a fair reward. Don't be surprised when people stand up for what they believe. Listen.

There are newer employer reviews for Urban Science

Worked for Urban Science? Contribute to the Community!