Excellent!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Long Beach, CA
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Urban Science full-time

Pros

-Leadership is committed to continuous improvement, specifically in the area of employee & client satisfaction. -Very supportive local leadership. -Great, caring and smart people! -Great experiences with employees I've had the opportunity to work with from our other, global offices. -Close to home.

Cons

-There is a lot of work to do, however, it is challenging and keeps me coming back for more.

Advice to Management

-Continue to model our values. -Continue your committment to improving employee and client satisfaction. Balance this with our goals in the area of profitability and growth.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Current Employee - Development Team in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Development Team in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Urban Science full-time

Pros

1.New remodeled Office 2.Some smart employees 3.Company business is booming during bad and good economies.

Cons

1.Company switched to TSP/PSP software development process which is outdated and is nothing but micro-management. 2.Some employees work hard without any recognition while others play and do nothing but still get recognized because they have close ties to some managers. 3.Back stabbing is happening all the time. Managers hear one side of story only and take action without talking to other parties. 4.Employees get threaten of being let go on their yearly performance review although these employees work really hard. 5.Bonuses and raises are real pathetic. 6.Employees work long hours due to aggressive delivery dates. 7.Expect to loose any experience you have since company switched to using a number of 3rd party software for development. 8. Architecture team make decision without talking to Development. 9. Management team commit to projects without talking to development.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and not to your managers in order for the company to grow. Job market is real competitive so again treat your people well.

neutral but might go up in the future

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Urban Science full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

smart and nice people good benefits HR and upper management people are trying hard to address some of the issues

Cons

below market compensation (but they have been working on it.) they have been making so many IT policies that don't make sense.