There are newer employer reviews for Ustream

Best work of my life!

Current Employee - Product in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Product in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ustream full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Incredible office, talented people and powerful product. The management is overall fair and cares. I really believe we are making a major impact in the world.

Cons

Sometimes too fast (but welcome to startup life!) and we could benefit by more focus (although this is vastly improved)

Keep improving like we are doing. Ustream has become a incredible company with a great team and leaders. I could not be more proud of our work.

43 Other Employee Reviews for Ustream (View Most Recent)

Amazing company

Current Employee - Financial Analyst Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ustream as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- great startup environment
    - great management
    - stocked up snacks! (like google)

Cons

- pay is pretty low
    - there isnt really much cons here

Great talent, terrible leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ustream full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Open floorplan with everyone sitting at tables, with really cool meeting rooms when you need to meet in private or have a phone call without distractions.
    Amazing people work here, cool (and mostly humble) folks who are helpful in getting you ramped up on the business. Lots to learn here.
    Great snacks, food, beer etc. Fantastic lounge area to sit on a couch with a great view of downtown from big loft windows. Incredible "zen" room for chilling out with killer massage chair.
    Dog fixes happen here, if you don't have one and want to enjoy other people's dogs.

Cons

It's the patients running the asylum. The executives really don't know what they're doing, how to run a business in a smart and strategic manner. Business direction pivots on a whim and knee-jerk changes are made, people are cut en masse. It's no way to run a business and nurture good talent. They ask for your ideas on how to better the company, telling you it's a family; but then when you provide ideas you are seen as unfocused and a threat. If you work here, do a good job and keep ideas to yourself. Get good work experience and move on.

Make smart decisions, give time to employees and middle management to ramp up a plan to hit (insane and unattainable) business goals.
    I would advise the board of directors to let the CEO go and find a new one; one who knows the business and knows how to run a business.

There are newer employer reviews for Ustream