VA Puget Sound Health Care System

www.puget-sound.med.va.gov
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for VA Puget Sound Health Care System

A great place to work!!!

Current Employee - Visual Information Specialist in Topeka, KS
Current Employee - Visual Information Specialist in Topeka, KS

I have been working at VA Puget Sound Health Care System

Pros

The pay is great, the benefits are even better, and working for Veterans makes a person feel good at the end of the day.

Cons

Most employees have been here for years. Almost everyone knows everyone else. A new person can find it difficult to integrate.

I personally feel they need to embrace change and technology more. Healthcare is a fast paced environment. Change is inevitable.

15 Other Employee Reviews for VA Puget Sound Health Care System (View Most Recent)

A fair assessment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

I have been working at VA Puget Sound Health Care System

Pros

The benefits are better than private sector employers. The insurance is decent, the pay is consistent, but the management is horrible. I think too many kneejerk reactions are exercised, due to the lack of proper planning.

Cons

The level of education isn't stressed as much as in the private sector - typically diminishing the potential for productivity and effective leadership. I understand that even people with specialized education aren't all the best; however, the experience combined with the education is a better foundation for one to contribute effectively to an organization. The "good ole boy" system is employed entirely too much in the federal sector.

Engage in training and continuing education to stay abroad of current business practices.

This is not a good place to work until you have been with the VA for at LEAST 5 years and have some seniority.

Current Employee - Nurse in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Nurse in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at VA Puget Sound Health Care System

Pros

The health benefits, retirement and vacation/sick time.

Cons

The unsafe neighborhood you have to walk through to just get to work. You are not allowed to park in the VA parking garage but rather a public parking garage 3 blocks away that YOU have to PAY $40 a month to park there and then take your life into your own hands to walk through the "hood". I actually have started carrying pepper spray. Not to mention the rain, sleet, snow.....etc.....

Do their own jobs and stop delegating everything.

There are newer employer reviews for VA Puget Sound Health Care System