VA Puget Sound Health Care System

www.puget-sound.med.va.gov
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for VA Puget Sound Health Care System

VA - a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

Former Employee - Dietetic Intern in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Dietetic Intern in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The Dietetic Internship is strong, and has a great reputation. I thought when I was coming in that it would be an amazing and challenging year, but it really turned out to just be challenging.

Cons

Bureaucracy, lots of frustrations and being treated like a kid by some of the higher ups. I though that this would be a place where I would make great connections, and I did connect with some of the medical staff and other interns, but overall, the RDs treated us condescendingly, which was really awful.

Advice to Management

Try to make the interns feel more welcome so we will come work for you! Almost none of us ever wanted to see that place again.

Other Employee Reviews for VA Puget Sound Health Care System

1. Not even close to being a good place to work.

Former Employee - Ultrasonographer in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Ultrasonographer in Tacoma, WA

Pros

The benefits are from the government. Huge stable organization.

Cons

Run down dark and dingy facilities with out-dated equipment. The staff seems miserable and not of the highest caliber. A lot of the Dr's seem un-caring, just going through the motions. If you don't smoke or use vulgarity on a regular basis you won't fit in.

Advice to Management

Clean up the facilities and make even the grounds non-smoking. Set some standards of dress and hygiene and curb the raunchy talk amoungst employees.

2. Somewhat chaotic...Management could be stronger

Pros

Flexible schedules Most people are friendly Salary above minimum wage

Cons

Supervisors failed to solve staffing problems and issues in reasonable time Very little accountability for bad performance Hospital holds onto bad employees instead of letting them go Felt like good workers go unrecognized, but are given more work to make up for the failings of other employees Nepotism in hiring of some positions

Advice to Management

Figure out who the good employees are and give them a reason to stay Figure out who the low performing, problematic employees are and get rid of them Management should take more control to solve everyday problems that linger on