VCA Antech
www.vcaantech.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Average rating for an average company

Veterinary Technician (Current Employee)
Vernon Hills, IL

ProsI worked at VCA Hawthorn in Vernon Hills, and I had great co-workers. They were the only reason I enjoyed my job so much, the doctors were great as well as the head technician and the kennel staff.

ConsI would get called off when it was too slow for me to come in. This was a total bummer since I was full time but barely making 36 hours a week, which I was told would over time get closer to 40 hours a week, but with getting called off all the time my hours were only reduced and I was scared of losing health benefits due to such low hours. They make you punch out for lunch, and you only get 30 minutes anyways so I didn't understand the reasoning for punching out for such a short lunch break. They paid me well, but when I quit and they had the kennel assistant move up to my position since she basically knew everything anyways, they barely raised her minimum wage pay rate and I still have no idea why. She is still, 1.5 years later, writing letters to VCA to try and get her pay higher, closer to what a technician should be paid. Honestly that whole situation just saddens me and I dislike how VCA feels like they can get away with paying people so poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some common sense and pay people what they're worth, you may think you're getting away with murder by paying technicians barely over minimum wage, but that is how you get bitter and angry employees who will only find better higher paying jobs, which isn't hard to do when you're paying the lowest. Honestly, grow and pair and pretend like you actually care about your employees and their well-being. Thank you.

Typical Corporate company where only the numbers matter.

Manager (Former Employee)
    Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at VCA Antech full-time for more than a year

Pros: Staff benefits for pet care are very good. Outside… Cons: Very long hours without adequate pay. No flexibility for family/career balance. The goal for… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management/HR need to listen to the reasons employees that turn over so rapidly. This was… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Management terrible

Veterinary Technician (Current Employee)
    Yonkers, NY

I have been working at VCA Antech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great specialists, and some co workers were very helpful. Cons: Mananagement only cares about money. Everyone is replaceable, even long term employees. Manager who is manager was only there two years and managed… Advice to Senior Management: Start opening eyes and seeing who deserves the position of manager instead of just giving it to the person who can bs the best. … More
There are newer reviews on VCA Antech.

Worked for VCA Antech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VCA Antech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VCA Antech CEO Bob Antin. All reviews posted anonymously by VCA Antech employees.