VCA Antech

www.vcaantech.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for VCA Antech

Great balance of hard-working and casual environment & people.

Current Employee - Corporate Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Corporate Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at VCA Antech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I'm in the tax department, so my experience is limited to that area:
- Folks in other departments are by-and-large very responsive.
- The environment is fabulous to work in: dogs hanging around, but not causing a nuisance, beautiful offices from the inside, casual attire and interactions.
- My boss has been fabulous to work for. She's a great blend of giving guidance while still allowing for my own decision making.

Cons

- Very poor benefits, but this is hopefully getting better since they've hired a VP of HR in just the last few years.
- Pay seems a little below the average.
- Parking for employees is pretty bad. Although I got lucky and have a good spot, many employees have to find parking on the street or in a nearby structure. This also makes life difficult when you have a guest coming to the office and can't park anywhere.

152 Other Employee Reviews for VCA Antech (View Most Recent)

Will drive you to an early grave.

I worked at VCA Antech

Pros

Discount is helpful when caring for your own pets.

Cons

Managment is awful. Especially the new ones who have the book smarts but no general knowledge of how to run an office. Company is full of gossipy staff members who will not make a new comers experience pleasant. Overall, your pets health is NOT their #1 priority, its the MONEY. People who work within those doors know the truth. Listen carefully and save yourself some money. They treat staff like they work at a sweat shop in China. Minimal staff to get payroll down. This means sloppy care for your pet.

Get out while you still can.

Bad Experience

Current Employee - Client Care Specialist in Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - Client Care Specialist in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at VCA Antech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

some doctors are very good, and hard working co-workers.

Cons

Horrible managment!!!the supervisor current is grossly under qualified. Management does not have degrees and business decisions are made based on persons popularity vs. how qualified a person is for a position. There are new posiions made available every month suspiciously filled by a friend of the current supervisor or manager. The manager/supervisor have fired people just because they felt a person was a threat to them for standing up for fellow co workers or for whats right vs wrong. To sum it up the new supervisor is worse than the previous one was before. She takes 5 times the amount of cigarette breaks, gossips at her desks with the fellow assisant supervisor every day while co workers scramble to do the workload ment for 10 people on a staff of 3. Breaks and lunch are a rarity because the schedule cannot be made. The supervisor also uses threats and coercien towards people she does not like if she needs shits filled or other work done. If only this cycle were broken instead of the same mistake being made over and over by simply picking the wrong type of person to manage a staff. Most of the emails we receive daily are threats made by managements that we better do this or better stop doing that or discplinary action will be taken. This is usually regarding petty stuff that is not relevant but management decides to nitpick to make themselves look like they are working.

If only management were picked based on experience and knowledge then maybe things would start to turn around. Most o

There are newer employer reviews for VCA Antech