VF

www.vfc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for VF

An interesting experience.

I have been working at VF

Pros

The people you get the opportunity to work with.

Cons

Most promotional opportunities will be at the other VF locations where relocation is necessary to move up.

61 Other Employee Reviews for VF (View Most Recent)

Huge gap between "say" and "do" at HQ

I worked at VF full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome people and brands. Ability to wear jeans every day a plus. Culture at brands far better than at corporate. Corporate could be a wonderful place to work -- likely best for someone early in career who will move on after a few years.

Cons

As one exec told me, "We talk a good game and then always cheap out." Resources (budget and people) hard to come by for support functions, except finance. This leads to extremely outdated and ineffective infrastructure. Decentralized to the point of not having effective processes in place. Extremely cordial culture hides an extremely passive-aggressive undertones/practices. Very limited growth potential; not a good environment for female professionals. Earnings are all that matters. Huge gap between what leadership says and does. Bottom line, positive earnings releases hide many issues that need attention.

Culture eats strategy for breakfast. Don't push loyal people to the point where they don't care any more. Don't take too much comfort in the culture survey. You'd be surprised (if you care) how many employees are already there.

Nautica division beware!!

Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at VF full-time (less than a year)

Pros

PTO days, health benefits and work life balance are good.

Cons

Nautical furnishings sales dept. is the worst group of sales people I have worked with in the 11 years I worked in this industry. To sum it up they are the most lazy overpaid Account Executives with base saaries of approx. 100k!! There was zero partnership and accountability!! It became a very frustrating experience.

Needs to look at the Account Executive role and responsibilities in this division because writing orders and shopping online all day does not warrent a salary of 100k while other depts carry a serious workload for a 3rd of the salary.

There are newer employer reviews for VF