Good Place to work with good people

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at VFA

Pros

Nice people to work with .. great team and opportunities to work with nice technology

Cons

Product and sales seem to be the main issue

Keep up improving

Other Reviews for VFA

Over all it's a great company but they don't take time to really train their employees with data entry.

Current Employee - Field Assessor  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Field Assessor in Boston, MA

I have been working at VFA

Pros

I enjoyed the field travel and working with teams of three, my comrades. Company pays for flights, hotels, rental cars, and meals (per Diem rates vary). Overall this is a nice job if you don’t mind traveling to new places and can handle living away from your family in a nice motel/hotel for two weeks.

Cons

Once back from field data input is very time consuming (3-4 weeks). Deadline pressures are very real and managers don't realize how much extra work is added on with some projects. They are more eager to get it done...some are too are over worked with too many projects to respond to or check up on field staff issues.

Very few managers mentor their subordinates. Yes we are expected to know our trade, but data entry on their computer system is extremely detailed orientated and very time consuming. They should share their experience or incorporate the “tricks of fast, repetitious data entry” into their training and mentoring program. I found very few willing to do this. Managers do not debrief and discuss finished projects, they are too busy on current and upcoming ones to really ask line staff about improvements or feedback on just completed projects.

Tired products, unexciting. Cheap.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at VFA

Pros

Lot of nice friendly people and upper management seems very likable. Communication could be better, but not bad. Some departments seem to be moving in right direction but not entire company.

Cons

Products could be so much better, but nowhere near enough people to do anything more than minor updates. Very dated user interface ... it's a good thing the user base is not tech savvy.

Working from home mentioned by other reviewers is good for flexibility but has drawbacks. Most floors seem mostly empty most of the time.

Have heard salaries are low, especially for near downtown Boston. Salary freeze not too long ago. Small increases now, but losing people now that economy is picking up.

There are newer employer reviews for VFA.

Worked for VFA? Contribute to the Community!