VFA

www.vfa.com

Over all it's a great company but they don't take time to really train their employees with data entry.

Field Assessor (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsI enjoyed the field travel and working with teams of three, my comrades. Company pays for flights, hotels, rental cars, and meals (per Diem rates vary). Overall this is a nice job if you don’t mind traveling to new places and can handle living away from your family in a nice motel/hotel for two weeks.

ConsOnce back from field data input is very time consuming (3-4 weeks). Deadline pressures are very real and managers don't realize how much extra work is added on with some projects. They are more eager to get it done...some are too are over worked with too many projects to respond to or check up on field staff issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery few managers mentor their subordinates. Yes we are expected to know our trade, but data entry on their computer system is extremely detailed orientated and very time consuming. They should share their experience or incorporate the “tricks of fast, repetitious data entry” into their training and mentoring program. I found very few willing to do this. Managers do not debrief and discuss finished projects, they are too busy on current and upcoming ones to really ask line staff about improvements or feedback on just completed projects.

Tired products, unexciting. Cheap.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at VFA

Pros: Lot of nice friendly people and upper management seems very likable. Communication could be better,… Cons: Products could be so much better, but nowhere near enough people to do anything more than minor updates. Very dated user interface ... it's… More

Good experience with an above average group of dedicated, friendly, and knowledgable employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at VFA

Pros: Management is understanding of work - life balance. While employees do work hard they are treated with respect and offered flexibility… Cons: Office/Building layout is not condusive to lots of cross departmental… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on VFA.

Worked for VFA? Contribute to the Community!