There are newer employer reviews for VHA

Employee-friendly environment

Former Employee - Senior Director in Irving, TX
Former Employee - Senior Director in Irving, TX

I worked at VHA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They are committed to workplace diversity
They put great effort in providing training for their employees
Fantastic profit-sharing plan

Cons

Create a new business plan for the company every year
Start many "initiatives" that never come to fruition

57 Other Employee Reviews for VHA (View Most Recent)

I loved working at VHA!

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Irving, TX

I have been working at VHA

Pros

VHA is very diverse and offer many opportunities for growth to their employees. Had it not been for relocation necessities I would have stayed there.

Cons

Too many Vice Presidents. Management needs to downsize the title...keep the people but not have so many VP's and Directors. They're very heavy in that area.

Good Benefits, salaries below market average. Has re-organizations about every year or so.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at VHA

Pros

The beneits are pretty good. My co-workers are great to work with. Great building location central to their employees. Excercise room available to all employees (at a price- though very cheap).

Cons

Salaries are below market average. HR department is not available for anyone below Directors. They offer flex-time (though at the discretion of the department heads - who then do not offer it). Annual raises average out at 1.5% - 2% per year based on meeting expectations. No room for advancement. Plan on staying in your position for a long time unless you know the right people. Company seems to reorg every year or so. Company is leader in healthcare but still doesn't seem to know in what direction they want to go. Not a lot of work/life balance.

Start to behave like the leader you claim to be. Be more consistent with your company and your policies. Plan a strategy then stick with it. Don't flip-flop on your decisions every year.

There are newer employer reviews for VHA