VHA

www.vha.com
There are newer employer reviews for VHA

WORST professional experience of my life.

Former Employee - Staff Analyst in Irving, TX
Former Employee - Staff Analyst in Irving, TX

I worked at VHA (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay, i would guess other departments treat their employees better than mine.

Cons

I had an awful middle manager. She wrote me up for a conflict with another party who has a terrible reputation. When I questioned her write up, she became offended at me for questioning her integrity. Years later I still have an awful taste in my mouth. This was by far the worst professional experience I have had in my seventeen years of working in the real world.

Be involved more with lower level employees.

62 Other Employee Reviews for VHA (View Most Recent)

I worked at VHA

Pros

National in scope of opportunities

Cons

Professionalism could be improved at management levels

Loyalty is a one-way street...employee loyalty is demanded, not given in return

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at VHA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent salary, decent benefits, decent work environment. Some perks, i.e. corporate lounge, free coffee, soft drinks and popcorn, on-site fitness center.

Cons

Loyalty and competence is not rewarded; it is more about who you know and what you can do in return and how well you are liked, not pertaining to the work and performance. Performance reviews are a joke, yearly goals are a more a box to be checked so that upper management receives their extra bonus, not a realistic, healthy way for the company to grow and improve.

If you want to clean house, start at the top and work your way down. VHA has had (and let go of) some of the best workers in health care, employees are not treated as the assets that have made VHA a leader in healthcare. Take care that the quality of employee being hired and retained is not bottom of the barrel. In the past, VHA was synonymous with a top-notch, high-performing and best-in-class organization; it was a coup to be hired. Things have changed in the past 10 years with the current CEO in charge. There have been several layoffs and reorganizations and it gets worse with each one.

There are newer employer reviews for VHA