VIVUS

www.vivus.com

Great place for prima donnas who can't get a job elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInteresting work; small start-up environment for some projects anyway. Flat organization, not a lot of hierarchy. They don't overdo meetings. Friendly co-workers.

ConsInept management, inept board, inept CEO and President (several of them this year alone!), inept sales and marketing staff. Took them 20 years (literally) to get a product approved. No HR department -- it's run by a consultant who has some sort of personal relationship with some high level person there. As soon as Yahoo! banned telecommuting, Vivus did, too, which was so ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate. There are people here who are extremely talented and excellent workers. Do not keep the choice projects for yourself.

Roller coaster

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at VIVUS full-time for less than a year

Pros: Most exciting product I've ever sold and a HUGE population… Cons: No autonomy. Forced to do things that make no… Advice to Senior Management: Let seasoned sales people have a voice. If people have an… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

VIVUS was a great place to mark time while workig on my education

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lakewood, NJ

I worked at VIVUS

Pros: Slow paced, quality driven work environment that allowed anyone to halt production if quality problems were noticed. Management… Cons: The management at VIVUS was unresponsive to suggestions for improvement. Management was content to keep the status quo with no drive to modify or… Advice to Senior Management: It would have been nice if the employees at the Lakewood facility were suported and made to feel like they were actually part of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on VIVUS.

Worked for VIVUS? Contribute to the Community!