VMC Consulting

www.vmc.com

Providing a useful service in my position.

Graphics Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) Fort Collins, CO

ProsYou're allowed to work independently and do your job. There is no micro-management and the on-site management doesn't watch over your shoulder at all. It's assumed that you know your job. In my case, I do have a good boss who will find resources for me when I reach the end of my own resources. My boss does look for ways to make us more useful to the company where we are consulting.

ConsThis company operates like a temp agency; they are not a true consulting company. There is no reward for achievement and upper management doesn't have any intention of investigating how to make it better. I've been in my job for 7 years; one co-worker has been in his position for over 10 years. We stay because there are very few other opportunities locally and we don't want to move to another city. The clients of the company have long term positions for which they don't want to hire permanent employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about profit sharing? How about better benefits for those who are long term employees? When you have an employee for over 5 years, can't you find a way to compensate them for long term service?

cattle call

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

I worked at VMC Consulting

Pros: provides some flexible work scheduling Cons: on call equals cattle call Advice to Senior Management: cattle call More

standard contracting company

Data Center Technician (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

I have been working at VMC Consulting

Pros: I don't have much to say about the upsides. I… Cons: VMC excels in creating superfluous senior managers. the executive management team delegates 100% of all responsibilities to middle management and then reward middle managers… Advice to Senior Management: pay attention to your employees! they are the ones that make you look good to the company that you are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on VMC Consulting.

Worked for VMC Consulting? Contribute to the Community!