Providing a useful service in my position.

Current Employee - Graphics Engineering Assistant  in  Fort Collins, CO
Current Employee - Graphics Engineering Assistant in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at VMC Consulting

Pros

You're allowed to work independently and do your job. There is no micro-management and the on-site management doesn't watch over your shoulder at all. It's assumed that you know your job. In my case, I do have a good boss who will find resources for me when I reach the end of my own resources. My boss does look for ways to make us more useful to the company where we are consulting.

Cons

This company operates like a temp agency; they are not a true consulting company. There is no reward for achievement and upper management doesn't have any intention of investigating how to make it better. I've been in my job for 7 years; one co-worker has been in his position for over 10 years. We stay because there are very few other opportunities locally and we don't want to move to another city. The clients of the company have long term positions for which they don't want to hire permanent employees.

How about profit sharing? How about better benefits for those who are long term employees? When you have an employee for over 5 years, can't you find a way to compensate them for long term service?

Other Reviews for VMC Consulting

cattle call

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at VMC Consulting

Pros

provides some flexible work scheduling

Cons

on call equals cattle call

cattle call

standard contracting company

Current Employee - Data Center Technician  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Data Center Technician in Irvine, CA

I have been working at VMC Consulting

Pros

I don't have much to say about the upsides. I guess the company that you're contracted to can be nice.

Cons

VMC excels in creating superfluous senior managers. the executive management team delegates 100% of all responsibilities to middle management and then reward middle managers for dumping that work off onto others as well.

All reports are done buy the, knowledgeable, staff and then passed off as word preformed but the management team.

pay attention to your employees! they are the ones that make you look good to the company that you are preforming work for.

When you say you are going to do 1:1's with everyone, every month.. DO IT! and listen.

There are newer employer reviews for VMC Consulting.

Worked for VMC Consulting? Contribute to the Community!