There are newer employer reviews for VMC Consulting

Only suggested as a place to jump-start a career but not stick around

Former Employee - BPOS and Office365 Tier III Support in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - BPOS and Office365 Tier III Support in Redmond, WA

Pros

Good Training Opportunity for growth Some rewards for doing well Friendly People and Environment

Cons

Gorilla tactics by management Never knowing what to expect from Day to Day. Lack of communication from Upper management. Treats Support Engineers like underlings with no voice of their own Does not follow HR procedures and will make up excuses and false allegations to downsize employees.

Advice to Management

Get your act together!!! Start listening to your employees and communicate with them. Stick with one management team and dont change the structure every month.

Other Employee Reviews for VMC Consulting

Providing a useful service in my position.

Current Employee - Graphics Engineering Assistant in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Graphics Engineering Assistant in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

You're allowed to work independently and do your job. There is no micro-management and the on-site management doesn't watch over your shoulder at all. It's assumed that you know your job. In my case, I do have a good boss who will find resources for me when I reach the end of my own resources. My boss does look for ways to make us more useful to the company where we are consulting.

Cons

This company operates like a temp agency; they are not a true consulting company. There is no reward for achievement and upper management doesn't have any intention of investigating how to make it better. I've been in my job for 7 years; one co-worker has been in his position for over 10 years. We stay because there are very few other opportunities locally and we don't want to move to another city. The clients of the company have long term positions for which they don't want to hire permanent employees.

Advice to Management

How about profit sharing? How about better benefits for those who are long term employees? When you have an employee for over 5 years, can't you find a way to compensate them for long term service?

2. cattle call

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Pros

provides some flexible work scheduling

Cons

on call equals cattle call

Advice to Management

cattle call