There are newer employer reviews for VMC Consulting

The good and the bad

Current Employee - SharePoint Online Support Engineer  in  Fargo, ND
Current Employee - SharePoint Online Support Engineer in Fargo, ND

I have been working at VMC Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay and hours. Being a vendor for Microsoft isn't bad because you get a few of the perks. Alright benefits once you qualify.

Cons

You are still just a vendor. In my experience, you are almost always hired by an employment agency, then they will keep you on after a year. During that year, you pretty much get no benefits (vacation, PTO). No real opportunity for advancement.

63 Other Employee Reviews for VMC Consulting (View Most Recent)

Most unprofessional place I have ever worked

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Redmond, WA

I worked at VMC Consulting as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The admins were all great to work with

Cons

The COO of the company, is Verbally abusive, belittling, condescending, and yells obscenities at the top of his voice. Human Resources does nothing, except store any complaints about him under the carpet. This man has had so many people complain about him, but the Manager's turn a blind eye. If you decide to become an admin there, remember you are expendable and you don't matter.

Listen to the people that actually do the work, instead of just the brown nosing managers.

Love the job, hate the company

Current Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Redmond, WA

I have been working at VMC Consulting as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

There are some great people, I've established a great relationship with a specfic recruiter which has absolutely advanced my career. There are a lot of job 'options' so you can always utilize different skills. A good company to get things to put on your resume, but not a career.

Cons

Benefits are a joke (it's a 'savings opportunity') which is essentially coupons worth less than your weekly premium. I lost my $500 FSA last year to a company no one could ever get me in touch with. They take a LOT of your salary, they have to in order to cover the ridiculous overhead. I have 3 direct managers at VMC (all of which have changed at least once in the 5 months I've been here) and they can never directly answer my questions, it takes at least 5 emails to get an answer to "where can I pick up my paycheck?"

Cut out the middle man, or at least 3 of them.

There are newer employer reviews for VMC Consulting

Worked for VMC Consulting? Contribute to the Community!