VMware

www.vmware.com

VMware - Still Innovating - the rest are so far off they will never catch up!

Current Employee - Solutions Architect  in  Melbourne (Australia)
Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Melbourne (Australia)

Pros

The best Product on the market - by far!!

They take care of you - if you put in the effort - it's a two way street.

Cons

We are the market leader (and rightly so) so everybody is trying to bring us down (unsuccessfully I might add...)

Keep on Innovating and give us the opportunity to do so also.

Other reviews for VMware

VMware is a great company to work for if you are smart and passionate about what you do.

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

Pros

Flexibility, working from home is an option. People are very smart, creative and innovative and passionate about what we do. The company has a lot of perks such as free snacks, soda, juice, coffee, candy. Beer Bashes. Fitness Classes, Yoga, great facilities. Compensation is very competitive, there is a bonus and stock options as well as an ESPP.

Cons

Like any public company there are trials and tribulations. After IPO in 2007, there have been a lot of challenges dealing with growth but I think it's worth hanging in there.

Become more agile, tell the market and the world what our mission is, what is our purpose, create a road map and we will follow. Communication has been pretty terrible. We found out about our new CEO over the newswire, rather than an internal email. We did eventually get an email from the company but it was too little too late.

Hope Diane going doesn't ruin it

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in London, England (UK)

Pros

It's fun and rewarding. Tests you but gives back as well.

Cons

You work hard and it can still be frustrating finding the 'right' person to talk to sometimes.

Don't change what Diane started. Staff will not take well to being more aggressive a'la EMC.

There are newer employer reviews for VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!