VMware

www.vmware.com
  www.vmware.com
There are newer employer reviews for VMware

Insider's first-hand view of VMware management and culture

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at VMware

Pros

VMware provides an exciting, fast-paced, high-growth environment for its employees and is on the cutting edge of technology. The main campus is very nice (brand new) and located right in the ehart of Silicon valley (Stanford Research park in palo Alto). Also, VMware is a pretty a socially minded, environmentally conscious, progressive company. And of course the casual work attire is great!

Cons

Hours can be long especially at crunch time. Lots of volatility in this environment due to significant swings in the competitive landscape, economy, etc.

Focus more on developing talent and some of the "soft skills" of the workforce in addition to technical competencies.

1416 Other Employee Reviews for VMware (View Most Recent)

VMware is a great place to work. No doubt about it.

Current Employee - Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at VMware

Pros

The passion and dedication shared by all the VMware employees make this company a great place to work. Everyone shares a similar work ethic, and the company is open to people expressing new ideas. The company is good at recognizing potential and promotes that potential. This makes Vmware a great place for new and upcoming professionals hoping to jumpstart their career.

Cons

Sometimes, people make a mess in the kitchen. That gets kind of annoying. Other than that, I can not really think of much that's bad about working at VMware.

I would recommend senior management make more effort at expanding their leadership development program. There is a lot of potential currently being wasted because of a lack of a more structured leadership training program.

Still going through growing pains

Current Employee - Project Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at VMware

Pros

The items that make VMware a good place to work include the people and the products we develop. VMware fosters a good team environment and most people will go above and beyond when needed. Benefits and other employee perks are in line with industry standard and VMware does a fair amount of philanthropic work

Cons

Because of our rapid growth we are going through constant changes. Middle management lacks the experience to run the business and senior management is not guiding them. THis lack of management creates a lot of friction within groups and leads to ambiguity. VMware is still searching for what they want to be when they grow up,

Get the needed changes put in place ASAP, focus on employee retention.

There are newer employer reviews for VMware