VMware
3.4 of 5 1,238 reviews
www.vmware.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

Great products, great people, awful management

Frimley, England (UK)

ProsGreat products, great engineering, great culture. VMware is getting to be a beast of a company but it's still overall a good place to work. Underpromise and overdeliver is the unofficial motto, and the rabid customer fan base shows it. This company shows great promise for employees even with revenues in the multiple billions now.

ConsYou do NOT want to work for this company anywhere in the Europe/UK&Ire region. APJ and AMER have it really good - colleagues from those regions almost universally love it. In the UK it operates as a completely different organisation and management/HR (which covers all of Europe as well) is appaulingly terrible to deal with. There is also very little upward mobility opportunity in the UK office and middle management is deeply engrained.

Advice to Senior ManagementCarefully examine the job performance of everyone at the director level and above in EMEA in every group. Someone (or more than one someone) is rotten and needs replaced.

Support Engineer

Technical Support Engineer II (Current Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lot to learn about technology , you get to work on the entire… Cons: Technology part is good , but the management has policies… Advice to Senior Management: Give everyone a breather when they are at work. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Highly political environment can work in your favor if you play the game

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Cutting edge technology, high industry buzz factor, competitive salary, telecommuting… Cons: Insufficient infrastructure tools, constantly changing processes, lip service ONLY in terms of work/life balance, huge pressure to "meet the numbers" - i.e. you hear words… Advice to Senior Management: Sometimes you have to slow down to speed up. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VMware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger. All reviews posted anonymously by VMware employees.