VMware
3.4 of 5 1,238 reviews
www.vmware.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

I my experience has been bitter sweet; I work with awesome people, but the culture is slowly dying.

Senior Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee)
Broomfield, CO

Pros- The people are by far the kindest and most competent people I have ever worked with.
- The training is awesome.
- Free snacks and meals.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Looks good on a resume.

Cons- The pay is not industry standard.
- The culture is dying and nobody that can do something about it will.
- The work load is immense.
- Staffing feels like we are always 20-30 people short.
- Management is starting to get "Micro Micromanagey"
- No career path.
- No set salary ranges. Someone with little/no skills can start work today as a TSE Level 1 and be making more than someone that has been there for 3-5 years and is a Level 3.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, and I do mean this deeply, start paying our more seasoned, more skilled people to appropriate industry standards. I have seen too much talent walk out of the door for no good reason. And maybe you are training people and setting them free, but just realize that as the people leave...so will the culture...and so will the reasons many of us still stay and in the end you will be left with mediocre service and that's where you generate 55% of the companies revenue.

One of the best companies in my career

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - very fast pace - lots of opportunities to make things happen - have… Cons: - the fast pace might not be for everyone - start to see some early signs of corporate… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good internship experience

Member of Technical Staff Intern (Former Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

I worked at VMware as an intern for less than a year

Pros: They selected proposals a year before the internship starts to allocate intern head counts to… Cons: Many PhD interns find others teams in VMware which his… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VMware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger. All reviews posted anonymously by VMware employees.