VMware

www.vmware.com

Great place to work, getting better with some changes.

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsBenefits package, work/life balance, bleeding-edge technology, snacks/drinks, onsite gym (HQ only), dental.

The benefits package is excellent and comprehensive. Management from top-down stresses a work-life balance, and strives to maintain it. As a leading software company, we have access to the absolute latest hardware and software provided by our partners. Free snacks/drinks in the cafeterias. At HQ, there is an onsite gym, and there's dental.

ConsThe current restructuring is leaving many confused and concerned about the future. This needs to be accelerated beyond normal bounds to ensure the company is successful. Communicating between departments has always seemed to be a weak point. This needs to get resolved. In addition, support from departments within the company need to be second-nature. We shouldn't have to beg for support from another department to get it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the restructuring done, get the company working together as a team, and we can do some fantastic work. I've been with the company for some time, and change as been the M.O. for VMware. We're getting closer to being a mature company.

A good company that lacks culture, teamwork and continuity

Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I worked at VMware

Pros: Great virtualization technology that is used by many of the F500 companies. Customers love the technology and are interested in how to leverage it to… Cons: Lack of culture, teamwork. A lot of the management team was focused on… Advice to Senior Management: Try to develop a cohesive, integrated business strategy that is shared by all.… More

VMWare brings back the dark ages... Indentured servitude, cronyism, draconian management

Senior IT Administrator (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I worked at VMware

Pros: You will appreciate the good firms you work at after being at VMWare -… Cons: The worst work environment you can imagine, you will experience every possible error a company can make in business and personnel management. When the Indian… Advice to Senior Management: Sell the company to someone that can run it in a professional, responsible manner. It sounds like a cliche but you really need to have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!