VMware
3.4 of 5 1,238 reviews
www.vmware.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

Disappointed with lack of interactions within the team

Member of Technical Staff Intern (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

ProsIntelligent people - staff engineers are pretty awesome, good compensation (for interns), good pantry.

ConsThe nature of work varies from team to team - could be really interesting, could be really boring, no interaction with mentor/manager (personal experience - YMMV), no emphesis on KT. The company is growing at exponential rate and losing small company nature at the same rate. So your experience really vary from team to team.

Advice to Senior ManagementI guess I wasn't there long enough to give any advice but if you compare the company to Google/Facebook/Apple and expect to attract talent, you should match the compensation and benefits. Specially when you spoil the interns by paying them so much.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

A bit disorganized

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

I worked at VMware as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Nice people, loved my team, nice location, surrounded by trees,… Cons: Schedule not communicated or well thought-out, somewhat reactive. A bit too much bureaucracy to get anything done in a reasonable amount of time. Also, VMware… Advice to Senior Management: Improve your network and get rid of the web usage monitoring system. Also, ensure teams have the same goals so they aren't working against each… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very competitive environment

Programmer (Current Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great learning in several departments Leading edge from a product perspective Innovative Cons: Work life balance Churn in upper management More
There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VMware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger. All reviews posted anonymously by VMware employees.